Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Am I on the right track?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  12:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. Reidmantra here. I want to go over with all of you how I understand and practice AYP deep meditation to make sure that I am not way off track. Yogani says its one of most main and important practices so I just want to share my process. Anyway, here goes:

I sit easily for about 30-60 seconds with eyes closed just to prepare for meditation, and then I quietly introduce the mantra. At this point I simply `listen' to the mantra as it changes form in my head. Sometimes it gets faster, slower, louder, fainter, distorted or any combination of those things. I do not attempt to manipulate the mantra, I just place my gentle attention on its sound as it changes. When my attention gets diverted to a stream of thoughts, physical sensations, or feelings, rather than feeling I have gone wrong, I just gently and easily return my attention to the mantra and begin the process again. Sometimes the mantra disappears and for a brief moment my mind is silent but awake inside. When this happens, I just have the gentlest intention for the mantra to return to me and it does. Not as a clear I AM but as a faint feeling or vague sense. I then just place my attention on that vague feeling or sense until I get distracted again. Finally, when I get distracted from that faint feeling of the mantra, I return to it as a faint feeling and make no attempt to make the mantra clear. Am I doing the technique correctly or am I way off base? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. - Reidmantra

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reidmantra, It is good you are "gentle" with how you do your meditation. When you say "I then place my attention on that vague feeling...make no attempt to make the mantra clear" that doesn't sound in alignment with the AYP approach. I get a sense we are not supposed to be too obsessive about the mantra but return to it as best we can.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  07:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Reidmantra,

You are spot on.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Reidmantra,

Your practice sounds absolutely fine.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  1:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

Reidmantra, It is good you are "gentle" with how you do your meditation. When you say "I then place my attention on that vague feeling...make no attempt to make the mantra clear" that doesn't sound in alignment with the AYP approach. I get a sense we are not supposed to be too obsessive about the mantra but return to it as best we can.

Hi Interpaul,

If it doubt, it is always best to go back to the lessons. In this case, it is in lesson 13:

"The goal is to follow the simple procedure of thinking the mantra, losing it, and coming back to it when you find you have lost it. Do not resist if the mantra tends to become less distinct. Thinking the mantra does not have to be with clear pronunciation. I AM can be experienced at many levels in your mind and nervous system. When you come back to it, come back to a level that is comfortable, not straining for either a clear or fuzzy pronunciation." [Yogani]

So, as long as someone is not straining for either a clear or fuzzy pronunciation, then it is correct practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  10:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, Sey, and Interpaul. Thank you for letting me know that my practice is spot on and just fine. Also Interpaul, I too had the same idea at one point so I am glad that I got some guidance. I have some questions about my samyama practice but I will wait a few days before asking those. Right now, its enough to know that I am meditating correctly. It's a relief. Thanks again everyone. - Reidmantra
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  6:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Reidmantra,

Can I ask how far are you in the lessons? I began practicing Samyama very lately. I've been practicing almost 10 months with only Spinal Breathing, Deep Meditation, and Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka. If you are fully familiar with these practices, then it's fine and you should go on to the next step. If you don't feel confortable or if you think that you are not taking 100% out of them, then my advice would be to go on with them for a little while. It all depends of you ! Judging if you should move on to the next level or not is a tough choice. If you feel that you are bogged down and you need to put 4x4, then you now the time has come !
the path is beautiful, the guidance also. Love, Niels
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000