Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 excessive heat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2021 :  7:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am curious if others experience excess body heat as a result of AYP practices and if you have found any strategies for managing. I have noticed in the last couple years I am more heat intolerant. I've had lab tests to rule out the typical medical causes. I have been on a stable practice now for over a year and suspect this may just be the reality of how ecstatic conductivity interfaces with my physical body.

Zaelithe

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2021 :  5:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, very much the same here. It has become a subject of family/friends humour that I am constantly boiling and walk around in a t-shirt when others have 3 layers on. Blood tests all normal as well. This heat definitely came along with EC and it’s excess is a warning sign to me to self-pace down to more tepid levels. I have become heat intolerant too and have not enjoyed the odd very hot spells we have had this summer. I am also keen to know if anyone has strategies apart from the obvious self-pacing when things get very hot. I suppose I have sort of accepted that the ‘all things change’ mantra probably applies and one day I might wake up shivering. Meanwhile, my husband and I continue to wrestle for control of the house temperature…….
Go to Top of Page

SuperMonk

Indonesia
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  4:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings,
Heat is a good sign,though too much of it might be not. Without the heat how else the karmas will get burnt up? . From personal experience I can tell you there was a time when just a mere thought of a prayer or reading spiritual books made me overload. The heat was so unbearable that I used to wake up, in the middle of the night. All this was during winter, when the weather was 8 degrees .I increased my water consumption,added rock salt to my diet, instead of normal salt, started exercising. I took a breif retirement from ayp practices and after a few months things were a lot better, almost 90 percent better than before.
You can go through the several overloading topics in this forum addressed by advanced practisioners, adopt what's suitable for you.

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  12:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Supermonk, Thanks for your comments. I do understand quite well the overload symptoms that can happen and have been practicing self pacing and adjusting my practices accordingly for a couple years. I'm not 100% sure these symptoms are truly caused by my AYP practices but wondered given there weren't any other obvious explanations. I do have a vague sense of knowing that says the increase in arousal and ecstatic conductivity in my body has transformed my metabolism somehow. In the same way the ecstatic energy glows at a low roar throughout the day, I am more heat sensitive. It feels very similar to how I feel after a good workout. My body remains energized and hotter for a couple hours after as a result of the increased metabolic rate. I do not want to dial back my practices now as I am otherwise stable and don't know it is truly related. Given the relatively limited response to this query it is possible this is not AYP related.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  03:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My inclination is to ground daily, physically touching earth and stone with intention, and build ourselves to Radiate, through Samyama. Energy, and heat, should follow your outward attention.

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 01 2021 03:42:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  2:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The same here: I am more heat sensitive, and if I ignore it I get a headache - which I did not know what it was for most of this life. In the same time, there are relatively good ways to manage it: drink enough water, dress in layers, and get a good dose of physical activity every day. As I tell my children, our energy/vitality has no intrinsic direction; it comes up, and either we use it in a positive way, or it will create problems.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2021 :  07:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, This type of heat feels more physiologic than energetic. I will try what you suggest but I'm not sure I have the skills yet to express physical heat from my body.
Blanche, Sounds like some good advice for your kids. I haven't found a good way to dissipate this energy. Physical activity only seems to increase my core temperature, making me doubtful this wis something I can reduce with grounding practices.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2021 :  6:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul,

I am also heat sensitive and gets lot of heat in the body. Usually I go for light and long jogging in the morning. I get lot of sweat and then body cools down. I think key is to keep light jogging not too heavy running, now if I do heavy running and strenuous exercise it increases the energy. Also try to do it in the morning as the temperature is cooler. Other thing which really helps is drinking diluted yogurt drinks as it really helps.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2021 :  10:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pkj, Thanks for these suggestions. I will give them a try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000