AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 My insights on duality...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2021 :  10:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
Om and blessings to you all, may all your actions arise from love, and may the love you share come back to you three fold, Om Namah Shivaji!

I am not here to challenge anyones beliefs, I am just sharing information, if you don't like what is said here, if it is not something you want, if it makes you doubt (well then it has probably served its purpose), don't project anger at a concept (or person) that may be (presenting something) different from your (current) beliefs; I am you and you are me; but I am aware that I'm in danger of being distracted into speaking about the nature of karma and being drawn off what it was I was being drawn to talk about.

I am aware of a lot of interest (here) about 'duality'.

The question of what duality is, is as infinite as the questions that precedes them.

But an answer has to start somewhere...

So I will start at its beginning and travel out from there.

Duality is the birth child of time.

It is the causation of the manifestation of everything that is material, that which is known in sanskrit as maya, the great illusion, literally translated ma means 'not', and ma translates to 'that', so maya translates to 'not that', (you are not that) because for there to be a 'that' there has to be something perceiving 'that' in the first place, which basically means the identification of separation from the thing you are perceiving, but (and this is where it can start to sound paradoxical), you are (already) the object of what you are perceiving, because you are (already) everything, its more rather the perception of something else as being a 'that', which creates the manifestation of identification of separation, because for there to be a 'that' there has to be a 'this' when in actuality, you are both 'this' and 'that', you are already the object of; and the creator of; the thing you are perceiving, what you are creating is separation though identification of separation; anyway this is a loop, and as such the explanation could go on and on, so I'll move on.

So how does time create separation and the material (the universe and everything in it)?

Time creates distance ((space) an, expanse for everything to exist within).

Distance is measured by the (')time(') it takes to traverse from one point to another (separation (3d, or three dimensional space) up, down; left, right; backward, forwards (for there to be a 'this', there has to be a 'that')) the three dimensions of space) and yes I know I have stated 6 things here, but that is one of the causation's of duality, positive and negative; for there to be an up there has to be a down, for there to be a left there has to be a right, neither can exist without the other, to travel to the left you must therefore be traversing from the right, ie. To move from one point to another there also has to be a point from which you are traversing from. Positive/Negative... duality, dual, polar opposites; and agagain this list is endless, right, wrong; hot, cold etc.) So again I will move on...

But, time isn't real, because it isn't a constant.

Yogis and physicists have proven this to be the reality of the unreality in which we (choose to) live (occupy ourselves) within.

Anyway I'll leave it there for now, but if there is interest from anyone who would like me to expand on this further than I'm happy to do so, just don't want to babble on about stuff that nobody maybe interested in...

Om Namah Shiva!

And blessings to you all.

In love yogabuzz

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2021 :  1:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
and yet ,as stated in the gita ,"this is held up by a fragment of myself "
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2021 :  1:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogabuzz108,

It is interesting to read your insights. There is some overlap here, and some divergence. No ultimate resolution as more meditation is needed
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  01:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Blanche,

More meditation is always necessary, but guidance of what we see is just as necessary, I am in need
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  01:02:07 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you willing to help me?
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  01:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Om kumar ul islam Om, I feel that there is nothing more to say. When something is complete nothing can be added to it.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  1:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yogabuzz108

Are you willing to help me?

Hi Yogabuzz108,

It seems that you have an opening, and as Yogani says, “good things are happening.” In this context, your question is … complex. When there is a “you” and a “me”, isolated entities, help is limited – and it is a bit like a blind leading another blind.

When there is no “you” and “me”, everything is possible, everything is available, and no help is needed – everything is perfect. And even that is not the end point…

It feels more and more like the language slips into poetry.

The guru truly is in you.
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2021 :  01:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Blanche,

Forgive me,

The reason I asked what I asked was to ascertain the provenance of the person who advised me of more meditation; I know you know why (this one did this).

In love,

Yogabuzz
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2021 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
The notion of time was introduced by us simply as a means to measure movement. That movement can be between two points in space but it can also be the frequency between one event and another like your heart beat.

When we talk of duality in AYP we are generally talking of what we perceive as “I” verses objects of perception; between “I” and “other”
The rest is relative - like hot and cold. There is a whole range of temperatures between hot and cold.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  02:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

and yet ,as stated in the gita ,"this is held up by a fragment of myself "

Om Kumar,

I think you will see that, this is exactly what I am saying here, do you see what I am trying to show you? I know I may come across (as a) hyper logical (person), maybe I am, maybe I'm not... Who knows... each are but different reflections of the same (one) thing, what speaks to one, is deafness to another, it all just depends on our level of accent up the mountain, Hari om tat sat.

I'm (still just) trying to work out the level at which to place the answers to the questions people have.

In love Yogabuzz
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  02:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Blanche,

Well, eventually I would have gone on to explain, that when time ceases to exist, it takes no time to be anywhere, and when it takes no time to be anywhere, we are everywhere and everything, at the same moment.

This is an explanation of the superconnected state from the perspective of annamaya kosha; my reasons for explaining in relation to annamaya is that, in main, this is the most identifiable body for the majority of aspirants; I'm aware that in explaining from this perspective may read as hyper logical, but, it is still one of the bodies we possess, and shouldn't be neglected in favour for one that we may feel as being more appealing because we 'think' its closer to the thing we are looking for, each of our bodies are just as important as the other, and as such, it's best to develop each of them equally, when one (body) is louder than the other imbalances can occur...

In love yogabuzz

Edited by - Yogabuzz108 on Aug 29 2021 6:45:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  2:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
There is more to come.
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  3:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

There is more to come.

Always hun
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2021 :  12:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm (still just) trying to work out the level at which to place the answers to the questions people have.

Yogabuzz1108, I appreciate you digging into this topic. Non duality feels almost immune to deep exploration with words as the more one talks the more vulnerable one is to slip into dualistic language. I like how you say Duality is the birth child of time." I will admit I still mostly live in the dualistic world of objects and separateness. I dip into the non dualistic waters in meditation but the true non dualistic world view shared by sages and the like sounds in the realm of lofty visions of dreamers to me. I'm curious in your request to Blanche to "help me" how this relates to your initial comment which suggests you are showing up in the roll of teacher "I am not here to challenge anyones beliefs, I am just sharing information".
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2021 :  02:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I dip into the non dualistic waters in meditation but the true non dualistic world view shared by sages and the like sounds in the realm of lofty visions of dreamers to me.

Yeah, me too, though dreaming itself is highly valued here. In my desire to know non-duality, my path is Radiance whenever I am internally aroused, and if not in my sitting practice then I employ open eyes, spread fingers, Lion mudra and the like and pass it outward like a sutra. It is an intent to blur the boundary of inside/outside, until one day (lifetime) it dissolves, as promised in the AYP system. Yogabuzz, which body would this be?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2021 :  09:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogabuzz - you may enjoy this book - Each Moment is the Universe by Dainin Katagiri,
if you have not read it.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2021 :  1:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

quote:

Yogabuzz1108, I appreciate you digging into this topic. Non duality feels almost immune to deep exploration with words as the more one talks the more vulnerable one is to slip into dualistic language. I like how you say Duality is the birth child of time." I will admit I still mostly live in the dualistic world of objects and separateness. I dip into the non dualistic waters in meditation but the true non dualistic world view shared by sages and the like sounds in the realm of lofty visions of dreamers to me. I'm curious in your request to Blanche to "help me" how this relates to your initial comment which suggests you are showing up in the roll of teacher "I am not here to challenge anyones beliefs, I am just sharing information".

Hi Interpaul,

As we become clearer, our connection with the Source reveals itself, and there is an opening to fundamental knowledge. This happens in increments, and you could see how people in the forum have a great desire to share information available to them as the connection to the Source gets better.

Eventually, all knowledge becomes available to the yogi. Patanjali writes toward the end of the Yoga Sutra that: “Because knowledge is infinite when all the obstructing impurities are removed, little remains to be known.”

We are all teachers and students, and there are no teachers and students. No mind can illuminate another mind. Each of us had to make the trip for ourselves – and everybody else. There are many things in life that work the same way: I cannot swim for you; I can swim only for myself, but I can tell you how to swim, and if you see me swimming you would have an easier time learning how to do it, too. You studied to become a doctor, and this cannot make me a doctor. But you could help me learn if I take that path, and I will have to make that trip myself.

Finally, non-duality is not separate from duality, they are the same. Another topic for another time.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2021 :  6:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
the experience and the experiencer i presume
the good doctor replied
to use and be used in infinite states
flowed my retort in a manner of sorts
finding joy in the other and therefore myself
came a fluttered response from the lips of another
to be something and everything always and never
is heard from someone right at the back
its here shouts a friend no here came a reply
then from afar came a voice with the truth
and we heard these words of humble decent
blessed are the cheese makers and blessed are you

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  02:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
blessed are the cheese makers and blessed are you

always look at the bright side of life
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  02:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Interpaul,

Firstly, the state you are speaking of, appears to already be manifesting within you,

Its, just, when it happens, at the perfect rate, we are unaware of the change that is occurring, but you are becoming something more than what you were expecting
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  02:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Interpaul,

My question to Blanche was egoic, hence why I apologised, it was an echo of something I am releasing; I am emerging from a period of questioning everything; including the reason (manifestation) behind every action and the subsequent motivation behind it, this is also the reason why I haven't spoken about anything on the subject of what lays beyond for some time.

My motivation behind starting to express again is multifaceted, but in main, I felt a compulsion to speak driven through the awareness of a mild obsession about duality on here, and the frustrations being suffered by those who are seeking answers to their questions.

It's natural and healthy to have questions, but if they progress to a point of frustration, then they can cause an unfavourable imbalance, hence my compulsion to speak.

As Blanche says, at a certain stage of evolution, all our desires manifest in an instant, at which point, we are made mindfu to be careful of what we want...

You are already everything you are looking for.

Practice makes perfect, everything else, is something else, and as such, its just a distraction from the very thing you are surching for.

I am you and you are me.

In love, yogabuzz
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  03:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Knowledge, ecstasy, bliss, all pails into insignificance
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  03:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
I dip into the non dualistic waters in meditation but the true non dualistic world view shared by sages and the like sounds in the realm of lofty visions of dreamers to me.

Yeah, me too, though dreaming itself is highly valued here. In my desire to know non-duality, my path is Radiance whenever I am internally aroused, and if not in my sitting practice then I employ open eyes, spread fingers, Lion mudra and the like and pass it outward like a sutra. It is an intent to blur the boundary of inside/outside, until one day (lifetime) it dissolves, as promised in the AYP system. Yogabuzz, which body would this be?

Om Dogboy,

Well, as you know, this is the causation of the over development of the Pranayama kosha.

I don't claim to be anything, quite the opposite.

Love you,

Yogabuzz108
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  09:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogaBuzz108,

If we come to non-duality teachings too early, before we are ready for them, then it can lead to a lot of confusion. It is important first to become ripe for these teachings, through the practice of meditation.

Yogani has written a book on this subject, called "Self-inquiry, dawn of the witness and the end of suffering". In the book, he explains how to cultivate the witness and inner silence in the mind, leading to the ability to practice discrimination (viveka). When discrimination is present, then the path of advaita becomes a useful one. Before that, not so much. It can even be dangerous for some, leading them in circles for years or even causing them to fall off the path completely.

If you have not already read the book, I would recommend doing so.

You may find these lessons helpful:

Lesson 325 - Relational and Non-Relational Self-Inquiry

Addition 325.3 - The Dangers of Persistent Non-Relational Self-Inquiry

Meditation is the key practice in all of this. Repeatedly bringing the mind to stillness and silence, over and over again.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  7:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My motivation behind starting to express again is multifaceted, but in main, I felt a compulsion to speak driven through the awareness of a mild obsession about duality on here, and the frustrations being suffered by those who are seeking answers to their questions.

Yogabuzz, I resonate with your desire to both help others seeking answers and in the expression of your own personal journey. I have certainly taken advantage of this forum to explore the meaning of this journey for myself.
quote:
Firstly, the state you are speaking of, appears to already be manifesting within you,

Kind of you to say. I do feel a gradual shift in me. There is a softening occuring. A letting go of needing all the answers on an intellectual level. A greater appreciation of the universality of suffering I hear daily from so many people I interact with, and a deepening of my desire to bring presence and love to these interactions. The more I radiate love the more it seems to grow in me.
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2021 :  01:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Received and understood.

From the deepest depths of my heart, thank you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000