Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Seems to me a subtle body is created, not a given
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  12:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After good a deal of meditation and contemplation on the subject, it seems to me that the subtle body with it's chakras and nadis is actually something to be created and sustained, not something inherently given.

I used to believe that the subtle body was inherent to every being and carried on through reincarnation, but after heavy contemplation it seems the potential to create and sustain a subtle body is there but not everyone or every type of being has the physiology, consciousness,is able to or knowledgeable enough to create one.

It seems like reincarnation isn't a given. I'm beginning to believe not all beings reincarnate but that actually most go into undifferentiated pure consciousness when they die. It seems that the creation of a subtle body is what actually allows one to exist with independent self after death and allows one to incarnate. I don't think most beings retain an individualized self and consciousness body after death. That the spiritual practice is to actually immortalize oneself to exist beyond death.

Any thoughts, questions or opinions?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  10:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello
There are no absolute answers
Absolute answers are based on beliefs
I am inclined to say there is nothing absolutely true not even reincarnation and that falling back into undifferentiated consciousness is a possibility among other possibilities we may not even be aware of them

Edited by - maheswari on Jul 12 2021 10:33:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yogabuzz108

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2021 :  01:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Om Lkwthnu,

Ultimately the answer to your question is, the Pranic body both exists and doesn't exist at the same time, but I'm aware 'that' 'this' isn't the answer you require... So...

The goal of yoga is to learn how to die...

Death is the one inevitability of life (duality again I know...) for something to exist, non existence also has to exist, if existence existed without non existence, how would you know the difference...

Anyway; the goal of yoga: In medical terms death is the cessation of breath and heart beat... However, many advancing yogis experience the absence (cessation) of both these physical functions yet still continue to exist ((in a physical) body).

The Pranic body (chakras, nardis etc.) play an important role in enabling transcendence, and every 'living thing' does indeed have one, but it doesn't travel from one incarnation to our next, rather, it is recreated as we return; being our fourth body (out of five) it is still quite gross in terms of subtlety.

The development of the Pranic body (amongst an infinite amount of other things) enables the sustainement of the physical body, as we are absorbed into a place beyond the physical.

Through various yogic practices, we develop the Pranic body to be able to cope with the amount of energy required in order to sustain the physical body (and maintain awareness and many other things) as we move into a very deep state of consciousness. This is also why we have to develop anandamaya kosha (the bliss body).

Prana (energy) in yoga is also known as the Goddess Shakti (infinite energy), and bliss is known as the God Shiva (infinite stillness/consciousness), the energy we cultivate has to be balanced with stillness, again in order to be able to experience the amount of energy required...

But there is a lot lot more to it than this...

The probable reason your inturnal enquiry is returning an image that the Pranic body don't exist within everything, is because the Pranic body exists at different levels of development within each individual, and for most, it's very clogged, and under developed and is functioning at a level that is just enough to support existence.

The Pranic body is like everything else within the system, just like the veins that pump blood around the system can become blocked, the nardis and chakras can also become blocked.

You are along the right lines on reincarnation...

When and where we are reincarnated depends on many things.

So, back to the goal of yoga...

Though the practice of yoga we learn how to move into ever deeper states of stillness whilst still maintaining awareness; death is a very deep state of stillness, so deep (in fact) that we lose the (physical) body...

Death is the one inevitably of life, yet very few do anything to prepare for it, so naturally when the end of the physical body comes for them, they are filled with fear of the unknown that lays beyond, which results in them clinging to the only thing they know, which for many is life and all the experiences of life, and this is the driving force behind reincarnation, (because we always get what we want...)

Our experience after death is dependent upon the level of consciousness we have developed, but I would say that what you experience when you go to bed to sleep is probably a good indicator of where you will be after death, if you close your eyes and eight hours later open them and have no recognition of what happened in between then that will be the experience, if you are experiencing conscious sleep then you will have a certain level of awareness, if you are experiencing being pure spirit light being flying through the subtler planes of existence then... and so on...

But that is not the end...

In love yogabuzz
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2021 :  11:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel the subtle body is there from the start as it’s the template for the physical body. However if you get into the Highest Yoga Tantras of Buddhism and the GreatPerfection, then you do have different subtle bodies which come about due to transformation/transmutation like the illusory body and rainbow body.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000