Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samadhi in the heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2021 :  3:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there a particular name for when samadhi happens in the heart ?

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  12:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there still a “where” in samadhi?
Go to Top of Page

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  7:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is in my experience total lost of perception of body isn’t until deeper samadhi. They begin in and on top the head . Which may or may not grow into losing perception of the body . However I have a rarer type of samadhi where the heart expands larger than the universe

I had my experiences confirmed as samadhi by many people including Christi nearly a decade ago

Edited by - Gabereal on Jun 17 2021 10:27:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  10:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gabereal,

This is samadhi occurring in the sacred heart, behind and to the right of the heart chakra. Although to say it is behind and to the right is not accurate, as it is vast.

I have mentioned it a few times in these forums:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...D=6916#61810

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...D=3320#28445

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...=10855#93488

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...page=3#32614

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2021 :  02:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi I enjoyed reading your post very much
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2021 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gabereal
What Blanche is saying is that samadhi can't be located. All experiences pass including the heart experience you had "confirmed"
There is nothing to cling to
Go to Top of Page

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  5:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Hi Gabereal
What Blanche is saying is that samadhi can't be located. All experiences pass including the heart experience you had "confirmed"
There is nothing to cling to

Yah I disagree . Total loss of perception of the body happens in deeper samadhi. Anyone who says otherwise is probably lying or just found themselves going into deep samadhis initially . I’ve met sages who even refer ajna as the samadhi chakra Bc there is experience is it happens there.

Life itself can be summarized as experience and desire . And you’re saying not to cling to anything yet you’re clinging onto a definition of samadhi you simply read somewhere

Edited by - Gabereal on Jun 19 2021 6:00:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  09:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

There are many different kinds of samadhi, and ways in which it can be experienced. Some have certain locations, such as samadhi in the heart, or ajna, or at the crown chakra. Other forms have no specific location, but still with awareness of all or some sensations. Then there is samadhi beyond all sensations, fluctuations and experiences of space and time. It is not so important. The more important aspect of samadhi is what we are able to let go of during the experience. Samadhi is useful to the extent that we are able to let go of false identification with objects of the senses and objects of the mind.

To the degree that we are able to use samadhi to this end, it becomes a useful factor of enlightenment. One of the most useful factors.

You may find this lesson interesting:

Lesson 248 - Culture, Samadhi and Snow

quote:
On grades of samadhi, you know, the Eskimos have many words for snow. Why? Because they see so much of it, and have come to know its many grades of manifestation. Do all these different words for snow mean anything to a Hawaiian? Not much - not until the Hawaiian goes and lives with the Eskimos for a while. Then the words for snow begin to make sense. Samadhi is like that. When it becomes the common experience, then conversation about the different grades of samadhi begins to make sense. Until then, to study all that is an academic exercise. Does this promote enlightenment? Not really. Well, maybe it can motivate one to do practices. That is the real value of intellectual knowledge - its ability to inspire action!

Having said that, there are certain traditions that rely on determining the level of samadhi one is experiencing to decide which style of meditation to do. For them, this is very important, and it is to be respected. In AYP we use one style of meditation that covers the full scope of mind from the surface to the silent depths, so making all the samadhi distinctions is not necessary for effective practice. [Yogani]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  10:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gabereal
I have no definition whatsoever of samadhi
I am drawing your attention to a pitfall but you prefer to use a logic that is out of place and assume I have a definition
Best of luck
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000