Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Heart orgasm and recurring chest pressure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ami

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2021 :  3:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forums. I hope I am posting in the right section.

Several weeks ago I had an extraordinary ecstatic experience during samyama. I felt an unusual pressure or tension in my chest and was compelled to take in a huge breath (involuntary and more than I thought my lungs could hold), after which the tension exploded into a wonderful heart-centered orgasm. It was at least as strong as my most intense sexual orgasms, maybe more. After that, I remained in a blissful breathless state for some time.

Since then, the tension in the chest has been returning sometimes, outside of sitting practices. It is mild and doesn’t hurt, but it affects my breathing patterns and I’ll be compelled to take one or more deep breaths every few minutes. Unlike the initial experience it doesn’t end in orgasm and the sensation takes a while to go away, over an hour. It’s like my heart chakra is constantly on the edge but can’t finish, so to speak. The initial experience was lovely; this not so much.

I am in my 30s and have no history of heart or respiratory problems, but will be checking with a doctor to rule out something more serious going on.

I’m curious if anyone has experienced something similar or has suggestions for how I might be able to calm down whatever is going on.

My current routine is pretty standard AYP: twice daily, 10 min of SBP, 20 min of DM, ending with 5 min of samyama, incorporating siddhasana, mulabandha, kechari (stage 2) and sambhavi.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  04:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ami
After checking with the doctor, try stopping siddhasana, mulabandha,kechari and sambavi
See if it calms down in few days
If not you have to shorten the remaining practices too
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  11:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ami,

Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like things are going well. Your experiences are common in terms of the opening of the heart chakra and will settle down in time. If your experiences are not painful or uncomfortable, then that would be one way of handling the situation, simply to allow time for the purification to move on to the next stage. Needing to take a deep breath every few minutes is not that difficult to do and you will find that it becomes less and less necessary as time passes. You will also find that in time, the experience of having an open heart centre will become more normal, and you will begin to enjoy the sensations, whether they come as a peak experience, or simply as a steady glow of divine love. They will become less overpowering and more a part of normal everyday life.

If you do want to slow down the process of purification, then you could self-pace your practices as Maheshwari suggests above. One way of doing this would be to cut out the last practice that you added on and see how the situation changes. Then if this does not help, to cut back on the next practice and so on. Once things have settled, then you can gradually increase your practices again.

The opening of the heart is a very beautiful aspect of the process of awakening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ami

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2021 :  2:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your thoughts, Maheswari and Christi! I appreciate the welcome and I am glad to be here.

The discomfort is mostly psychological, and it helps a lot to hear this is a normal experience of heart opening. It's been happening frequently over the last couple of days and I am getting more used to it. I entered stage 2 kechari a couple months prior to the initial opening so that's possibly the new thing that has contributed.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2021 :  7:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2021 :  01:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ami
Psychological tension is not to be discounted. It is as tiring as physical symptoms.So if you can not manage the psychological friction then also you need to cut down the last practice you added like Christi explained
Go to Top of Page

rerince

Austria
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2021 :  10:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had this heart-pleasure experience too - just as you described. I did not know this was common, as for me it is the 2nd post powerful thing to happen during my practice.

It was triggered exactly how you said Ami, large breath retention and focusing on the heart. (This was after much initial spinal breathing)

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this!

So, this experience, called "opening the heart chakra", how can it be reproduced? How does such powerful bliss come and then never return?!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000