New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2021 :  7:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and the human wished for rainbow colours
with a precept given by the mind
that this pleasant distraction of the eye
would touch the heart and reveal the soul

and the human wished for loveand peace
with a gift given from the gods
that our hands would be for feeding others
so hunger would not be seen or heard

and the human wished for bliss and joy
and choice and freewill were bestowed
no harm to others or sentient beings
because when you suffer so do i

and the human wished to reign in silence
without a care for right or wrong
enlightened by the blindness of his own light
robed in inaction of thoughtlessness

and the human wished to be awake
to be a god and decide the fate of others and himself
to dissolve himself within the whole of others
and walk gently upon this sacred place.

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jan 17 2021 7:19:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2021 :  11:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Silence will not make you choose bad things as per the duality thinking of good and bad.

It will make you operate as per the moment dictation, spontaneously and beyond any rigidity.

The book I am reading agrees with this. Action is spontaneous as the circumstance dictates without careful consideration of good or bad.
Inner silence will, in any case, act towards greater harmony.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  03:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
at Blue
quote:

I think it would be rather dangerous to behave as if we could never be wrong again, because we have become enlightened. And that no pitfall could ever challenge us. That would be a "a trap of the mind", as Christi said above

agreed, i never said otherwise.
I am saying that the most important thing is to find out who I really am.
I am not this , i am not that and the list of negation continues and will include i am not the good one, i am not the bad one, i am not the happy one, i am not the unhappy one...As long as I identifies with something then it is bound to limit itself.

@Sey
quote:
The book I am reading agrees with this. Action is spontaneous as the circumstance dictates without careful consideration of good or bad.
Inner silence will, in any case, act towards greater harmony.

Yes the Zen tradition explains it much better than all the yoga and Hindu/Advaita tradition.It all comes down to how much one wants to go staright to what is really important.Practices are very essential and very helpful, but they are the preparing ground for eventually seeking a more direct path where all the questions and the seeker himself are no longer very relevant.
Consciouness includes all possibilities, and it want to experience itself in all possibilities. So it shrinks itself into a good person or a bad person, or a vegan one, or a cannibal one etc ,,,.but they are all the same manifestation. Accepting one and condemning the other, preaching one and pointing the finger at the other one is a refusal of Consciouness who chooses to manifest in all aspects.
"One Zen master said, the whole universe is my personality...Can you embrace it all?"
Adyashanti

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 18 2021 03:40:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  04:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and the seeker asked who am i
and in reply it was exsplained
you are the light and the dark
and all the shades inbetween

and the seeker asked but what do i seek
and in many words it was told
you have eyes to see and ears to hear
and mind to make the sense of all

and the seeker asked am i the silence
and from within it said go look
from there the wellspring will come forth
where all decisions come from me

and the seeker asked for this dream
this path to nowhere where i am and yet im not
and found a hole to which you can descend
for questions and answers reveal nothing at all

so the seeker thought to live life and grow
to be the all or nothing at all
not this not that but all that comes
to grasp gently then let go

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2021 :  07:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Because the mind is free,
The silence rises as One,
Alive bliss in unseen seen -
All easier said than done.
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  3:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

"Once the knowledge of the self dawns, there is no longer any question of good or bad, suffering or not suffering, happiness or unhappiness; the question just does not arise."
~
Nisargadatta Maharaj

Hi maheshwari,

it's a beautiful quote and I also acknowledge your further explanation:

quote:
Yes the Zen tradition explains it much better than all the yoga and Hindu/Advaita tradition.It all comes down to how much one wants to go staright to what is really important.Practices are very essential and very helpful, but they are the preparing ground for eventually seeking a more direct path where all the questions and the seeker himself are no longer very relevant.
Consciouness includes all possibilities, and it want to experience itself in all possibilities. So it shrinks itself into a good person or a bad person, or a vegan one, or a cannibal one etc ,,,.but they are all the same manifestation. Accepting one and condemning the other, preaching one and pointing the finger at the other one is a refusal of Consciouness who chooses to manifest in all aspects.

and yes, you also never said otherwise (regarding BlueRaincoats comment on the quote). Precisely, you did just not say it.

quote:
"One Zen master said, the whole universe is my personality...Can you embrace it all?"
Adyashanti

This is also wonderful. What an obstruction it is to not be able to embrace the universe as it is.

Still, this all has nothing to do with a direct path and may even be dangerous to propagate it as such.

What about rape and murder? Suppression of women? Steal? Climate change? Don't think, just do? Why even question things? The universe takes care of it?
When is one still enough for that?
When are we finished?
Are you?

People have done great harm with these quotes. Misleading people to great misery for their own benifit. Much of the guru cult stuff comes from this. People use this for their own benefit, but causing others to suffer. May it be direct or not.
Sure, some can reflect these things, but not everyone to no end.

This is not the world, it doesn't consist of no good no bad. It isn't constant but very concrete.
And so is the screen you are looking at and the electricity that powers it.
And so is your food and your car and your words.
And so is your neighbours.
And so is the suffering of all the animals and trees because of that.
And so is the suffering of all us humans breathing this air we don't care about.
And so is the suffering of all those beings who are supressed and tortured by those who don't care and don't feel empathy these poor souls.
And so is it still, wether you are enlightened or not.

But indeed you will be of much better service in this world if you are not serving yourself.

There is no this or that, it is both. And nothing but both is it.

Edited by - lightandlove on Jan 23 2021 4:17:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  4:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Silence will not make you choose bad things as per the duality thinking of good and bad.So you can all relax in that thread It will make you operate as per the moment dictation, spontaneously and beyond any rigidity.

So you are in non-duality mode? Who is in non-duality mode? What's the benefit of this?

Edited by - lightandlove on Jan 23 2021 4:58:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  5:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello lightandlove
Maybe lesson 321 on what and who is suffering can help. I guarantee you it is not written by the bad advaita teachers
https://www.aypsite.org/321.html
There is no I that is enlightened, only enlightenment that recognises itself.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  7:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lightandlove,

quote:
Still, this all has nothing to do with a direct path and may even be dangerous to propagate it as such.

What about rape and murder? Suppression of women? Steal? Climate change? Don't think, just do? Why even question things? The universe takes care of it?
When is one still enough for that?
When are we finished?

Yes, you are right, it can be dangerous for someone to take up non-dual practices and teachings when they are not ready. In the lessons this is referred to as "non-relational self-inquiry". Non-dual practice (the direct path) is only useful once inner silence is established in the mind. Then it becomes relational to stillness and will lead to a gradual falling away of what is not true, and a gradual rising of unity and love.

If someone comes to non-dual practices before inner silence is properly established, then it can lead to many problems created in the mind, including the idea that we are not responsible for our actions, that we do not exist, or that nothing in the world matters as I mentioned above. Someone needs to become "ripe" through the rise of inner silence, before they can begin this kind of self-inquiry. This is mentioned throughout the lessons. See especially lesson 328.

The rise of non-dual awareness, when happening within inner silence, does not give rise to a condition where we do not care about others. This is for two reasons. The first is because non-dual perception is unity, the seeing of the Self in all and all in the Self. This perception gives rise to the condition of divine love. We simply love others because we see that their fundamental nature is the same as our fundamental nature. Non-duality is not a separation, but a Divine merging with all of reality.

The second reason that non-dual perception leads to the natural rise of compassion and divine love, is because unity and bliss give rise to the awakening of the energy of kundalini and the opening of the heart centre. This in turn gives rise to a natural loving connection with everything and everyone.

So, even as we are seeing beyond the dualities of good and bad, right and wrong, self and other, our actions become naturally guided by the conditions of unity, which are bliss, joy, love, compassion, contentment, peace and so on. We do not need to think about what is right or wrong, because our actions are simply flowing from these natural conditions of the state of non-dual perception.

If someone is acting in a way which is not in line with these conditions, then they have some way still to travel on the path. If they are acting in a way which harms others, then they have a long way still to go. You could say that they are at the beginning of the spiritual path. Or, if they are harming others, but are trying to change their actions and behaviour, then they are taking the first few steps on the path.

See lesson 334 for more on this subject.

Lesson 334 - Advaita (non-duality), Free Will and Karma

"...But the advaitin would not consider the consequences of their actions. They just act instinctively. It is the natural presence of yama and niyama in the enlightened that guides their actions and they do not even think much about it. They are no longer discriminating like the rest of us. This is a life of dispassionate outpouring divine love." [Yogani]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2021 :  11:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since that thread was initially about food intake , lesson 312 says it in simple words again not written by dangerous advaita teachers
quote:
...This can happen with diet also, which is less critical in the end than it may be in the beginning or middle stages of our spiritual journey.
Great sages have occasionally de-emphasized the rigorous diet and bodily cleansing obsessions of those with less experience and development, going so far as to demonstrate that they could eat, drink or smoke almost anything without ill effects, at least not to their spiritual condition.

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 24 2021 11:32:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2021 :  3:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to you both :)

Maheswari, I heard aghoris eat dead bodies. But to each their own

Edited by - lightandlove on Jan 24 2021 3:47:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2021 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And let‘s not forget the last sentence of that paragraph in 312
quote:
Sustaining the longevity of the body is another matter, and those advanced sages who maintained a purer lifestyle generally stayed in the body longer than those who did not.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  03:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Lightandlove
Yes aghoris eat dead bodies and live in crematoriums.Nothing new. It is not good nor bad, it is another expression of Consciouness and it is there, whether you approve or not is irrelevant.

If you want to keep the body living for long years or not via a vegan diet is your personal choice.
My posts were about the untruthful mind labels of good and bad , should and should not etc... that the seekers spend too much time focusing about them
As i said from my first reply in that thread do whatever you want, but dont expect others to follow.

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 25 2021 03:46:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

mariabozz

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  04:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is really bad. but useful information.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  08:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aghoris do still practice cannibalism but they follow a path of non-discrimination.

"With the consumption of human flesh, they affirm that nothing is profane or separate from God, because for them a corpse lacks the soul it once had. Despite their extreme practices and lifestyle, a true Aghor will keep himself away from killing, and will never hurt or damage anybody."
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  8:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion."
-Linji
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000