New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  4:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche
Leonard Cohen was following the Buddhist Zen tradition. He was a student of Roshi Kyozan Joshu Sasaki of the Rinzai school, which emphasizes the seated meditation on koans to attain kensho (seeing into one's true nature) as a way to enlightenment. There are some moving accounts of Cohen's care for his very old teacher.

Thank you, Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I came up with a new name that resonates more with where I am now, Samyaman. Samyama has come to mean so much to me as a practice and way of being in the world

Im not sure you can switch names mid-stream (maybe Christi or Yogani can weigh in) Interpaul Samyaman, but I will gladly address you any way you like.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  05:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zaelithe

When I was in my teens and just getting really interested in spirituality, I decided to give myself a secret name which I would tell no one ever. My youthful idea was that if anyone ever addressed me by that name or I read something related to it, it would somehow be really important to me (yeah, I know). Well, the decades went on, the name was never used and I went down many spiritual pathways and blind alleys - and then I arrived at AYP. Like others, I lurked awhile, just reading and absorbing. Then one day I decided to register and in that moment knew I had found the place where I could express myself without reservation or fear. And so Zaelithe it is........

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  05:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely to hear from AYPers who don't post very often.

quote:
Originally posted by Running Water

My name is inspired on a saying of my favorite philosopher (Herakleitos) "Panta Rhei " or "you can never step in the same river" . Water is always running , life is always chaninging , so I chose Running Water

Very wise
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  12:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone.

What a trivia!!! Thanks for starting this topic Samyaman

I wanted to to sign in with a name Nobody but that would be confusing in conversations. So, I opted for Sanskrit version Nirguna. Literally No-Quality (Nir-Guna). Hopefully one day I will embody Nirguna name fully. Or, shall I say dis-embody Nirguna name entirely? Hmmm...
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  04:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few years ago I went to a huge hippie festival for 10 days 24/7 music. I took my camera with me and decided to put a label on it with my phone number so in case I would loose it and someone finds it he or she may contact me. Then it came to my mind to write "spread love and light" on it, so the one finding it or someone stealing it would be inspired by that and decide to not keep it but give it back
I thought this would be a good name for the forum as people who read it may feel some love and light while doing so :)
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  11:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My screen name is based on one of my other passions, riding/building/designing bicycles. That interest has been with me since I was 7 years old!
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  12:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoying all the additional posts. What an awesome and interesting group of people. Thank you all for your engagment and satisfying my curiosity.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  05:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys may laugh but it's ok. My screen name was my first love's name. We've never been long since he has joined our Lord at a very early age.

Edited by - jclone on Dec 25 2020 06:08:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  11:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@jclone
((hug))
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  1:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chas is my actual name.

Happy new year!

Edited by - chas on Jan 01 2021 2:06:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2021 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From the movie "Moulin Rouge" Nicole kidman. I look nothing like her tho. I have dark hair dark eyes, and brown skin. :-)
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2021 :  12:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamaond, She can be your avatar. It's a lovely online name.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  06:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicole was superb in that movie! Sorry I'm just a big fan of her.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2021 :  04:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to play Crimson Skies online and SsSsSsSnake was my handle in that wonderful combat flight game,made some great worldwide friends.What I’ve used since around 2010 is GeminiTiger,that’s my birth sign plus Chinese sign lol

Edited by - snake on Mar 16 2021 04:57:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2021 :  12:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Snake, So interseting. I'm not familiar with these online games but I've come to appreciate the avataric aspects of an online persona, which includes the name. When I've played Mario Kart with my son and my car falls off a cliff I have a little anxiety every time I die!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2021 :  4:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mario Kart is my kind of heaven.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2021 :  03:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Interpaul. Sparkling Diamond is an amazing dancer in Moulin Rouge. And I adore dancing! Thus why I chose it.
I have been following the indian sage Dandapani who grew up here where I live. Dandapani's guru whom at the age of 7 was asked what he would love to do, answered "I want to dance"

He was fortunate enough to be taught dance by Mystics, (obviously his karma too) and was renouned to be one of the most famous ballet dancers of his time, in America. Before he renounced it all to live a life of a Saddhu (holy man in India)
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2021 :  04:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SeySorciere

Your name is very bewitching! And has satiated my curiousity on what it actually means. Sorcerer/Soreceress! :-)
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  06:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Mario Kart is my kind of heaven.

I love Mario Kart! :O
Go to Top of Page

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  12:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It’s my name
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  02:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond

SeySorciere

Your name is very bewitching! And has satiated my curiousity on what it actually means. Sorcerer/Soreceress! :-)

Thanks!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  12:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Look with in you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000