Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Intense Kundalini awakening in old age
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Walter

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2020 :  10:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear AYP forum members,

This contribution concerns my personal experience of awakened Kundalini energy. First signs of this occurred about six years ago after the death of a life-long friend and a period of 'dark night of the soul'. This led me to resume the spiritual practice which I had followed for twenty years in my earlier life but which had then lapsed for over thirty years. Realising ‘something more’ than before was needed, I began the advanced yoga practices described in Yogani's printed version of his online course. I cannot thank Yogani enough for his life-changing (if unwitting) intervention at a critical stage in my life.

The results were immediate and extremely intense, especially in the region of the two lowermost chakras. The effects continually intensified over the following three years and eventually I became unable to continue my twice-daily practice in a sitting posture, beginning with ten minutes of pranayama, followed by twenty minutes of deep meditation, and instead needed to lie on my back and begin with twenty to thirty minutes of deep meditation, followed by a much shorter period of pranayama, which then immediately initiated intense Kundalini energy flow with the first breath. Ten minutes now seemed far too long to continue to experience this flow, and I reduced it to two or three minutes. Actually, no Pranayama is necessary at all, as the energy flow can be induced instantaneously by vocalizing OM (or similar reverberative sound, such as ‘I Am’, or just humming ‘mmm…’ in a low register). My brain is greatly stimulated by this practice and it is usually difficult to return to a quiet state. I've found the best way to do this is via a relaxing exercise where I (attempt to) fix my attention for about twenty seconds at a time successively on the soles of my feet, then the knees, then the seven major chakras in turn ascending up the spine, then on the moon, the Earth, sun, milky way, and beyond into boundless space and silent 'nothingness'. If this state is reached, sometimes I fall into deep sleep for variable periods of time, after which I awake calm and relaxed.

No-one among my former spiritual-seeker friends (whose practices had not lapsed during the thirty-year ‘holiday period’ that I had taken) has had a similar Kundalini awakening. Being now an old man (over 90), I am not usually a contributor to social media, but am now venturing into this sphere in the certainty that reliable advice from seasoned practitioner’s will be available, should other members of the AYP fellowship care to offer it, but also with the feeling that my experience may be of interest, and perhaps even of some benefit (be it perhaps only of a cautionary nature) to other members of the forum. If nothing else, the age at which I first experienced awakened Kundalini energy flow (84) should give hope to older practitioners, and affirm that age is no barrier.

I should end this preliminary post by saying that I regard the intense experience of this energy flow as - in Yogani’s terminology - merely ‘scenery along the Way’, the main value being in the enhanced spiritual understanding it has brought. I could share aspects of this with other members, but only in words, none of them original. It is a matter of personal understanding, the words chosen to try to convey such understanding probably depending on the culture within which one has conducted his or her individual search.

With respect and sincerity,

Walter.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2020 :  11:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Walter,

I just want to welcome you to the forum.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Walter

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  07:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Good to be here.

Walter
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Walter:

Happy to hear that AYP has been helpful to you in these later years on your path. It goes to show that it is never too late to practice daily with good results. You have obviously got a good grasp on the important aspects of practice we call "self-pacing" and "grounding," and putting them to good use. These are as essential later on the path as they are early on, enabling us to move through the sometimes dramatic stages of purification and opening, and on into unity. Everyone is a bit different in their subtle neurobiological internal matrix (karmic impressions), and self-pacing and grounding enable anyone with prudence to navigate through with these powerful practices.

It is an honor to hear from you who have been on the path for so long. Welcome, and wishing you all the best as you continue.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  10:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Walter!
Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  11:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Walter, What an inspiration you are continuing to develop yourself in your 90s. I hope to interact with you more in the coming years on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  1:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, Walter. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 18 2020 1:26:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  7:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Live long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  7:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Walter,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. A wonderful and unnamable quality of your spirit comes through so clearly in your writing. I hope to read much more from you should you care to share more insights from your path.

-KC
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  06:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Walter,

Welcome to the forum! and thank you for sharing your experience.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  07:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Walter
Go to Top of Page

Walter

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  08:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Yogani. My debt to you is profound. You may be interested to know how I first came across your writings. Realising 'something more' was needed in my spiritual practice, but not knowing exactly what,I decided to look on the internet for something to try. I just typed Deep Meditation in the Amazon book 'search' section, and top of the list of countless suggestions that came up was your short book with that exact title. On scanning its contents it seemed just what I was looking for, and I did not even read any of the other titles suggested. After reading it, and beginning the practice described, the effect was immediate, and so intense that I immediately ordered all your other shorter books, After reading these and beginning the additional practices described, it was evident that all my requirements for that 'something more' would likely be covered in your online course, a printed version of which was available. And so it proved. I read it carefully from cover to cover, following your suggestions to the letter. I needed nothing more. I can never thank you adequately, but it is a great joy to me to write this heartfelt tribute in acknowledgement of my otherwise unrepayable debt.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  08:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Walter

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2020 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to everyone for your warm expressions of welcome. Very much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  05:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Walter, just came by to say welcome to this forum!
Go to Top of Page

Walter

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  06:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you,jclone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000