Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Identification of experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VRTM

Lithuania
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2020 :  05:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear fellow seekers,

I want to ask if anyone had similar experiences during the meditation:

When meditating, It seems that I loose "control" of some sort. Head begins to spin, feels like body is getting lighter and lighter. Then cold sweat goes all around & palms get hot. The unpleasant thing is that If I got spinning head it comes with light nausea feeling.

To tel the truth I get little scared of that spinning and lightness, It seems that during that moment I could just "fly" away somewhere.
These experiences are surely connected with Kundalini Kriyas I do, but similar experiences I had also while doing practices for individual chakras or just when sitting in meditation.

Questionnaire:

1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?
The symptoms felt during meditation after practices. Symptoms both Physical and psychological.

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?
Intermittent when meditate.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?
Result of the practices

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?
I do Kundalini Tantra Sadhana (Swami Satyananda Saraswati) Bihar School of Yoga for a year now (For 8 months I did each chakra purification practices 1 month//1 chakra), then integrated chakra wareness practices for 2 months and now began to do Kundalini kriyas. Practice from 2 to 4 hours daily, morning/evening.

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?
I am sensitive toward life beauty overall.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?
Dont use drugs ar stimulants

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?
none

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?
I am aware.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?
I am aware. The body chose the diet by itself and it is light.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?
I practice asanas regularly

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?
I am devotional and I am ware of that.

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?
I am engaged and aware.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?
No I was not, but I found exact explanations in yoga books

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?
A year ago I had spontaneous Kundalini awakening. After which my life changed dramatically. From that day on I dedicated myself for exploring the Kundalini topic and practices.

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.
36, Male

Thank you for your shares.
Hari Om Tat Sat

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2020 :  7:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome VRTM

You should know AYP does not discuss Kriya practices on this forum. You are obviously far along the path, certainly devote to more yoga in a given day than most of us householders! You are most likely at a stage you could pare some down, doing less but getting more. If you are afraid in a particular state, you can always back off, it is unlikely you will fly away. There is no shame to respect discomfort, you are under no obligation to keep meditating.

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 17 2020 7:16:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

VRTM

Lithuania
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  08:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the insights Dogboy!

These symptoms may occur to any of us, to the ones not practicing Krias as well. As we all carry on our own Karmic bondage's, time devoted to yoga sometimes is not the case. And I understand that I can step back, but the thing is I'm extremely curious in this. The only thing that drives me for long day practices is curiosity even thou I'm the same householder as many! The same in this experience, I want to know what happens If I go along with the spinning head! The fear I have in that moment looks like Ego mind, which tries to hide something.

So, if any of you went beyond this or similar things, please share.

Thank you! Hari Om Tat Sat
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  09:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VRTM,

The spinning sensation and the feeling of becoming lighter and lighter is an experience that comes and goes. It is nothing to worry about. You will not "fly away". Some other things may happen, such as entry into samadhi. But that will also be impermanent at first.

The feeling of a cold sweat and the heat in the palms are light kundalini symptoms. Also nothing to worry about. If anything happens that is uncomfortable, then you can cut back on your spiritual practices accordingly.

You may find this lesson useful on kundalini symptoms and remedies:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi
Go to Top of Page

VRTM

Lithuania
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  07:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the insights Chrisi!

The sensations truly are similar to ones I've experienced when had my first acquaintance with rising Kundalini. The spinning head is the new thing thou!
Thank you for clarification, I had inner feeling that everything should be fine, but the mind took the moment to show that it is still there and I got scared. Still have a lot to learn :)
Thank you again!

Hari Om Tat Sat
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  12:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear VRTM,

For AYP, 2-4 hrs of practice is way, way too much. It would be good for you to seek clarifications and guidance with your school of yoga as well.

Be safe and enjoy your practices

Sey

Modeator note: The discussion on AYP practice duration has been split off to here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000