Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Dizziness / Light headedness when meditateing.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

celestial88

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  11:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding meditation / yoga practice:
Over the past 6 months when I sit down to meditate, I experience a light headdedness or dissiness afterwards.

Have anyone else had this problem in their practice? And what can one do to solve the problem?

Help is much appriciated!

/
J

Edited by - celestial88 on Sep 12 2020 11:29:05 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  12:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi celestial88

What form of mediation are you practising? Have you tried other forms? And if so, are all types of mediation giving you the same symptoms?

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Sep 12 2020 12:29:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

celestial88

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  07:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat,

I mainly practice a form Yoga Nidra that focuses on elemental balance, meditation on the chackras, and visualisation practices. It releases a lot of energy in the system, and I am thinking that there are a lot of accending energyflows, that moves upward and doesent get resolved through the crown, or mabye has the chance to decend again.

It feels as if there is energy stuck in my upper neck/occipital region, and I feel a general dizziness/preassure over the head afterwards, while the rest of the body/energy system feels nice, calm, relaxed and blissfull.

But theese symptoms can also arise if i´d would just practice a 10-15 minute silent mindfulness-based meditation on the cushion.

ps.
I´ve had a full-blown involuntary kundalini awakening about five years ago, but the initial hardships that came with that have kind of settled little over a year ago, and I´ve started to really reap the fruits that came with that whole life changing experience.

Edited by - celestial88 on Sep 13 2020 07:38:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  03:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI celestial88
quote:
Originally posted by celestial88
I mainly practice a form Yoga Nidra that focuses on elemental balance, meditation on the chackras, and visualisation practices. It releases a lot of energy in the system

Unfortunately we won't be able to offer much advice here, because we don't have a practice similar to this in AYP. Are you getting any guidance from somebody who is more advanced than you and and has progressed in a balanced way using this technique?

Without having experienced your practice, it seems to me that you are revving the energy. Having had a dramatic kundalini experience already, is this a good idea? Are you doing enough to develop the Witness? The Witness counterbalances the energy. That balance is necessary for progress.

Maybe the AYP lessons on self-pacing on this website could help you a little. Go to the Index amd look for "Self-Pacing and Grounding"

The main piece of advice I would give you is to find a tried and tested yoga method. You need guidance, especially as the practices are more advanced or have stronger energetic effects. Going it alone can be risky. Find a teaching that inspires you and stick with it.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000