Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 How orgasm interferes with Kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2020 :  07:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know the general AYP recommendation says something about pre-orgasmic, non-ejaculatory (tantric) sex being the way, but is this a general guideline for all those who practice AYP (and for the rest of their lives!) or just those going through a premature crown (or any premature chakra) opening (Kundalini syndrome, like myself)?

The reason I ask is because I've come to realize just how badly orgasm tends to interfere with my Kundalini awakening by steering it off course or forcibly "reversing" it. You'd think total abstinence is the way until the Kundalini "circuit" is complete and there's an easy free-flow of energy going on in the body/mind, but alas, fantasy/lust gets the best of you! The reversing of the energy I speak of, it seems, appears to make it more aggressive (unbearably so) the next time it follows the same path upwards. This happened to me more than once, but the worst time was by far the last time when I forced myself to stay in the orgasm for long (woke up to a wet dream and was drawn into the whole experience I couldn't think about anything else).

Drawing energy downwards (not willingly like in yoga but naturally as tends to happen when we think about sex) always felt like a struggle to me ever since my heart chakra started opening up, so terribly it defeats the purpose of the orgasm itself. The heart would be beating madly (not like in sexual excitation which feels good but in a struggling way, and I know/can feel the difference) like "something" is aggressively being "pulled down" or steered off course. And as if to confirm the theory, the energy would naturally tend back upwards and try to "escape" the abdominal region whenever sexual fixation wasn't super-strong.

This conflict between the naturally "upwards" Kundalini and sexual orgasm has always slowed me down, but it did a lot more than that a few weeks ago thanks to my stupidity/sheer indulgence; it almost paralyzed my back the next day (the response wasn't so delayed, as it were) and I knew something of the sort would come to happen even before it happened given the way the energy was being pulled down during the experience.

And yet there comes a point where some sort of "release" seems necessary, like when the energy has been traveling upwards for weeks and is somehow "stuck" (causing all sorts of pains), making an orgasm seem like a good idea to pull it down and kick-start the process again. This makes sense mechanically, but I'm not sure if it makes sense proper.

What seems to make it worse and add to the psychological confusion is that, without the periodic orgasm/wet dream, the energy goes so far up that you become almost asexual, with only occasional "visits" of sexual sensations down there (and incomplete, at that) until after a forced orgasm the sensations come back with force (naturally this time) and try to stop you from making it back up. Many uninformed people first interpret this as a physical problem related to sexual functioning, and I was one of them, but after observing the cycle I can see where all the confusion comes from

I guess it all comes down to sexual release vs. no sexual release during an awakening. Also is it even conceivable that Kundalini can, forever, take away your libido (I mean physical libido, not spiritual or whatever kind of libido people talk about on yoga forums)? Or is it all about the body/energy adjusting and readjusting at the moment until it can settle for a balanced state of which regular libido is a part (like normal human beings)? I don't want to go "so far up" only to find myself unable to "come down" like a normal human being. I await your good advice, people!

Edited by - Piruz on Aug 30 2020 09:04:10 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2020 :  08:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Piruz,

The advice given in AYP about avoiding orgasm, is general advice for anyone who is practising AYP and who is sexually active. In general, the energetic transformation that yoga practices bring about, would not happen, or would not happen as effectively, if sexual energy is being lost through regular orgasm.

The advice for people who are sexually active is not necessarily to avoid orgasm completely, as this can lead to a build-up of sexual energy, and repression, both of which can also be detrimental. The advice is to avoid orgasm for the most part. Once every week, or once every other week, would usually not be a problem, depending on the person.

As to the question of whether you will always be able to be sexually active: If you want to be, then you can be. It is a choice. So, you don't need to worry!

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  05:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's focus on people with Kundalini syndrome for now and not people with a healthy, balanced Kundalini (whom you say function normally anyway).

I wonder if it's not the case that so many chakras remain overactive (with all the pain that comes with it) due to insufficient energy traveling up (the energy being drained down due to frequent sexual activity), exacerbating the physical/psychological pains that normally come with stubbornly blocked chakras? It's like the symptoms are caused not just by the overload but the shortage as well. After all, what more pain is there than having just enough energy to trigger the chakras, but not enough to charge through them, keeping the chakras overactive for the most part but to no avail? I swear, my hunch tells me this is exactly what ails so many people with a seemingly endless Kundalini turmoil.

Common wisdom has it that Kundalini syndrome is due to an overload of energy, which I'm sure is true, but this is a holistic assessment that might not address the particulars of the dynamics. Isn't it natural to assume that, once the overload has already been triggered, it becomes unhelpful (to some extent at least) to interfere with its path by draining down Kundalini through sexual activity? I mean I know first hand that the energy will always come back up (something in the head is unceasingly calling for it!).

Again, this is not a strict guideline, because who knows what works best for any given individual, but from an orthodox point of view what is the best thing (sexually speaking) to do for someone who is suffering from overall Kundalini syndrome?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000