Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Bhakti & Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  01:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,

Is there a difference between the practice of bhakti yoga and samyama?
I get the sense that there might be a slight difference but can't put it into words.

Sey

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2020 :  03:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sey
There is a big difference
Bhakti is devotion usually to an external God or teacher, it is love, it is attraction.Bhakti still has a duality of a seeker and God.If lucky and aware enough, that duality will mature and then melt into a non dual perspective
Samyama is setting an intention and releasing it into silence without attachment to results
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  09:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah.. I was not very explicit. Sure, at the beginning there was a big difference. Right now, I can't seem to get what it was. Both are about releasing emotional energy into Stillness. Karma yoga, as well, for that matter. All moving energy in Stillness.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  05:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting point. My first impulse was what you mentioned in your second post as there is still a big difference for me. I'll keep that in mind and see if I can find some similarities between bhakti and samyama. Nice point to think about.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2020 :  2:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
both are words with conditions ,intention in all things are what count .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000