Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Is Looping Normal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  9:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone:

So im noticing that at times during my five minute SBP, that the visualizing is looping, rather than going in a straight line up the centre of the body?

Not sure why its happening, but could that mean I have blockages in that area of the spine where its occurring? its kind of odd. Its twisting and turning at some areas and then i get it back on track to go straight up the spine.

Any advice much appreciated,

Maria

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 08 2020 04:11:21 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  04:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 08 2020 04:16:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  11:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SD
From all your posts, it seems that while practicing your focus is on whatever appears instead of the practice itself.That is a major drawback, cause you swirl into mind and loose the gradual long time building of inner silence.And yes it is gradual and takes long time, so do not expect results soon .You need to catch yourself when you start looping, stop it (repeat as much as needed) and go back to your practice technique whether SBP or DM

Edited by - maheswari on Jun 08 2020 11:01:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari

Thanks for your advice. My focus is not on "whatever appears", but on getting the discipline correct thus why i posted.I dont want to waste my time with doing it incorrectly, thats why i was enquiring.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  02:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SD
Well then go back to the lessons if you have any doubt about the technique....but all your posts are definitely too much observation, relax and let the process happen
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  01:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari,

No I dont think its too much observation, but thanks anyway for your opinion.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  10:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamond, I think maheswari is trying to say that to focus on the technique is to focus on the process: the breath, the intent to move through the shosumna and back down, initiating the rise and fall of prana - not even directly controlling the breath.

I think this attention to technique is different from focusing on the effects of the technique and trying to control those. The effects of DM and SBP have often been called "scenery" or "window trimmings," to try to show that they are not the main point.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2021 :  09:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So im noticing that at times during my five minute SBP, that the visualizing is looping, rather than going in a straight line up the centre of the body?

Not sure why its happening, but could that mean I have blockages in that area of the spine where its occurring? its kind of odd. Its twisting and turning at some areas and then i get it back on track to go straight up the spine.

Any advice much appreciated,

Hi Maria,

Things like this can happen due to blockages in the spinal nerve. If there is an area of the spinal nerve that you cannot move through easily with your attention, then you can simply move past it and continue up if you are on the inhalation, or continue down if you are on the exhalation.

The practice of spinal breathing will still be effective and gradually the blockages will be dissolved. You will then be able to move through these regions of the sushumna without any problems.

See here from page 16 of the Spinal Breathing Pranayama book:

"What do we do? It is simple. If there is a pressure or a resistance, we just go right by it with our attention and breath. Easily right by it. We never try and force through inner resistance. We just stroke it gently with our attention and breath as we go by. This has a good purifying effect, and will not be uncomfortable. Discomfort comes from forcing against an obstruction. We never do this in spinal breathing. We just whisk on through. What we did not dissolve on the first pass, we will get on the next one, or the next, or the 10,000th pass, maybe years later in our practice. That is how we purify the inner neurobiology." [Yogani]

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000