Enlightenment Milestones
 Going back to normal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  12:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone
Since we are all in lockdown, most people are dreaming about life after it ends, where they will go what they will do how it will be all joyful.Really? Was it so joyful?
For me it is the opposite. I do not have any dreams. I believe that life as we knew it is over, we and things have changed.Most malls, bars etc...will be closed for good.People have little money and some have lost their jobs.Even if some are not affected financially up till now (who knows about later) still we appreciate more every little thing we have and question whether we need to spend money on this or that.Things like gym fees, yoga classes centers fees, going to hairdresser etc...all this turned out to be not a necessity and can be done from home or we go for a walk or a run for free
Things have changed and will continue to change as the situation unfolds.
Some people are missing this or that, that place, this person etc....i do not miss anyone nor anything.I do sometimes feel the aloness and it can be heavy but there is no longing to be with anyone whether friends or family...
i am not teaching asanas and doubt i will teach anytime soon, yet i do not miss it all.
i enjoy what is happening cause it is real and i adapt. I am unable to imagine or long to "a later on", cause we dont know how it will be
i am not judging people but i notice that they are in their dreams to escape. Some are handling the situation very well and some not so well which might perpetuate some patterns. I have read few articles how some couples are going back together or new lovers living under one roof just to pass the lockdown period and not face themselves.Some are drinking too much or taking drugs.
The idea to go back to normal is incorrect cause the normal was never healthy in the first place.For me i find that it will be difficult to go back to working from the office and to be in the office. It is something that i resit, i prefer not go back.So here shows my dream state, my idea about this thing called going back to the office When the time will come (and it might not come) i know i will choose to do what is needed to be done in silence and not much ideas

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 11 2020 :  3:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Maheshwari,

Yes I agree with you. Interstingly i used to ask my collegues why the people are running after things casually now everything is stopped it feels normal. Yes I am working from home and does not feel like going back to office for work.

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 11 2020 :  7:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It almost feels a bit like natural selection of a spiritual sort. Those individuals who value the inner journey seem to be thriving more in these troubled times. I do feel distress at times from the limitations and need for work arounds of late, yet it has made me realize how the simple things in life have the most value. Nobody can take away the joy of meditation, even if you are locked in solitary confinement in a maximum security prison.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000