Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Headache
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dhanya

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  08:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone

I'm very new to deep meditation, I've only been doing it for a week. But from day four I started getting a headache which often remains after the meditation for the rest of the day.

I don't think I'm sensitive to meditation as I have been doing the Ishayas Ascension meditation previously for a year and a half with very little change to my external life, that's why I changed to deep meditation.

I also don't feel as if I'm forcing the mantra (concentrating on it too much), although the 'I am' doesn't refine for me during my session but I just put this down to being clunky as a beginner.

I started doing a breath meditation today instead of the mantra but it's not as effortless as the mantra meditation for me and i don't get the same warm gentle feeling afterwards.

So if there is anyone who can offer some advice to enable me go back to the mantra meditation I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  5:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
reduce the time of dm e.g. if your doing 20mins do 10 and build from there if your doing 10 then do 5 and build from there
Go to Top of Page

Dhanya

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  06:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks kumar, that was great advice. I reduced the time to 10 mins and have been able to do DM without any headaches which is brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  11:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Dhaka this is called self pacing, dialing back practice until we feel stable and then bring it back up to where you left off. If your routine is stable for months after, look to adding another practice. Glad to hear you are better
Go to Top of Page

Dhanya

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  6:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome Dogboy, I love this forum everyone is so supportive. I'll stick to the 10 mins twice a day for a few weeks and then try increasing the time, then eventually adding another practice when the DM is stable. Also, is it normal for beginners to find that the mantra doesn't refine at all during their sitting?
Go to Top of Page

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2019 :  12:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Dhanya,

as long as you follow the simple procedure of deep meditation it is all good. There will be periods with and without refinement of the mantra.

Go to Top of Page

Dhanya

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2019 :  2:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Stille
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000