Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Need advice. In high states have an urge to fall.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lxknvlk

Latvia
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  01:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have noticed this tendence in me. When i reach high states (for example after a few weeks of good practice, good eating habits, good sleeping habits) it is like my body has an urge to drop down the energy levels. I have urges to eat something heavy, like a pizza, and overeat, to get my energy levels to the comfortable low levels that i am used to.

So far i have not found how to bypass this to reside constantly in higher states. Does anybody have the same, and how did you passed this?

uniath

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  06:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is something I'm quite familiar with. There are deep changes taking place, and it takes time for our neurobiology to adjust to higher functioning. Eating heavier slows down the process quite a bit. Not to go for too much, too soon; it's a gradual process, after all.

'High states' you refer to, quite literally bring in the light through our nervous system. Thus, any remaining darkness has to come to the surface. If there is an urge to eat heavier, I would say just go with it. Otherwise, 'residing in the higher states' might backfire in other ways, such as emotional upheaval.

So, consider this urge to be a positive, kind of a fail-safe mechanism. Stick to your practices and be easy on yourself. You could also look for other ways of grounding and perhaps that way, there would be less urge to ground through diet.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  07:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Uniath. Incorporate a variety of grounding techniques into your daily living to balance the moments of high energy and your progress will unfold in a steady, stable manner. It would be a detriment to overdo practices and then have to restrict yoga to regain stability. Be the tortoise not the hare!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000