Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Energy has begun to descend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redbushlighter

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2019 :  12:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My kundalini awakened about 1.5 years ago. It was a premature awakening, fortunately I had been practicing mindfulness/meditation for about 1.5 years preceding it, so I was able to keep myself afloat (more or less ha) while the punches were being thrown so to speak.

For about a year after awakening, I emphasized pulling the energy up towards my crown. Recently, however, I began to realize that inner balance is what I should be aiming for instead.

Now I’ve been feeling like I’m a bit “top heavy” lately, my upper chakras are much more active than my lower.

So I’ve started doing a chakra balancing meditation 1-2 times a day. It takes about 10 or 15 minutes each time. During the meditation, there is a point in which I allow the “key energy”, as it’s put, come down from my crown and move around as it needs to.

So what has started happening is that the energy will move down, and then get stuck between my throat and solar plexus chakra. There is quite a bit of resistance on my part! I can relax enough for it to start moving down a little bit, but then I’ll tense up again and it’ll stop and come back up.

It feels like my initial awakening but descending! It’s like I missed an entire portion of my system the first go around.

Can anyone relate to this/ have anything to add? Should I start doing metta meditation since it’s approaching the solar plexus?

Thanks all

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2019 :  11:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Redbushlighter

You have discovered the problem of focusing on individual chakras. The AYP system of practice stresses building a foundation of inner silence with deep meditation (with mantra) to quiet the mind and Spinal Breathing Pranayama to move energy along the shushumna, to clear obstructions systemwide rather than chakra by chakra. In this manner your system purifies and opens on its own rather than having the thinking mind make the decisions.

It seems you may have already cultivated some inner silence before your premature awakening which may have blunted some of the trauma of that awakening, however by encouraging energy to the crown (dangerous!) rather than to the third eye (much safer) or before your lower chakras were prepared, you are now faced with energy trapped by blockages.

The free lessons on this site lay out the foundation of silence first, energy awakening later. I am a product of this approach and can report it is quite stable in that there is balance in the silence/energy equation. https://www.aypsite.org/10.html Perhaps read through them and educate yourself this premise.

In your case, I would take up Spinal Breathing Pranayama before your meditation. This technique has you tracing your shushumna with slow inhalation and exhalation, touching on the third eye at the end of the inhale and on the root chakra at the end of the exhale. This will encourage energy to move along this channel before your meditation practice, to open chakras over time (especially your troublesome lower ones) as they should, in a universal manner than piecemeal.

I would also learn some grounding techniques (https://www.aypsite.org/69.html) to use on an ongoing basis, to calm down energy overload and provide you short term relief. AYP meditation is only 20 minutes long, twice a day, as mantra meditation is more powerful that simple mindfulness. In times of ‘spiritual overload’, you should learn how to self pace your practice (https://www.aypsite.org/38.html). The best thing right now is for your energy to wane until your silence (witness) matures.

I would encourage you not to allow your mind to dictate the process by ordering energy around. It is better to encourage your silence first and let the process of opening your neurobiology unfold on its own. Most importantly STAY AWAY FROM THE CROWN! The crown will activate when it is ready, and in your case, it sounds as if your system was not ready.

I hope you find some relief!

edit: wording, name,

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 02 2019 7:24:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

redbushlighter

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2019 :  7:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy for the thorough and helpful response.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000