Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Meditation, fleeting moments of clarity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greendecker94

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  4:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone here go through a sort of confusion, where they just have moments of intense meditation/clarity, whether they are meditating or not, and feel like you have found the way to feel at peace and just need to stick to this way that you are thinking about and you'll be set. then maybe minutes later, you almost completely forget about that mindset you were in and you find yourself having to figure out how to be at peace again, as if that moment of clarity was useless. I feel like my progress may be hindering because I am worried that I have some mental issue that causes these fleeting moments and I am constantly hoping to transcend this issue one day.

Anyone else go through similar things?

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  7:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Greendecker

I obviously cannot speak to your “mental issue”, whatever it may be, but if you are concerned about it frequently, then give it your attention and observe it, when and how it manifests, and seek professional help to address your concerns.

Moments of clarity are never useless, nor are they endless, at this stage anyway ; they are burst of what can be, given a dedicated yoga practice. They are fruits from your labor. Observe, enjoy, and allow them to melt away. True clarity, I imagine, is a state where you don’t notice the novelty of it. Moments of clarity are the building blocks of your temple; every step you take is progress, so no worries there.

They come and go for me too. Yesterday’s sit was energetically arousing, and chaotic.
This morning”s session felt strong and sure, the energy/silence balance was simple and pure. Clarity that carried me through the first part of the day. It would do me no good to fret when it dissipates, but I am confident, with continued practice, it will visit again.

Go to Top of Page

greendecker94

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2019 :  10:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Hello Greendecker

I obviously cannot speak to your “mental issue”, whatever it may be, but if you are concerned about it frequently, then give it your attention and observe it, when and how it manifests, and seek professional help to address your concerns.

Moments of clarity are never useless, nor are they endless, at this stage anyway ; they are burst of what can be, given a dedicated yoga practice. They are fruits from your labor. Observe, enjoy, and allow them to melt away. True clarity, I imagine, is a state where you don’t notice the novelty of it. Moments of clarity are the building blocks of your temple; every step you take is progress, so no worries there.

They come and go for me too. Yesterday’s sit was energetically arousing, and chaotic.
This morning”s session felt strong and sure, the energy/silence balance was simple and pure. Clarity that carried me through the first part of the day. It would do me no good to fret when it dissipates, but I am confident, with continued practice, it will visit again.

I have had similar sessions. Some are simplistic and easy, others are incredible energy surges. Would you say it is normal for my throat chakra to become extremely energetic while doing breathing practices/meditation? I am finding even if I do not focus on it at all my throat becomes very tight and electric, to the point where it is painful and I can feel as if blood is "spilling" in my throat.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  3:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Would you say it is normal for my throat chakra to become extremely energetic while doing breathing practices/meditation? I am finding even if I do not focus on it at all my throat becomes very tight and electric, to the point where it is painful and I can feel as if blood is "spilling" in my throat.

This is normal, and you are undergoing strong purification there. This chakra represents our truths, and communicating our truths, and as human beings we certainly become blocked there on an ongoing basis. If it is not uncomfortable, observe the action there with wonder and detachment, and take it as a sign to be better with communication in the “real world”. When my throat is active, I find myself tilting my head back slightly, sometimes automatically. I have a minor condition in my cervical spine that in the past has required physical therapy, and have carried those exercises forward into my asana practice, making sure I am not off loading stress to my neck by gently circling my head in many side poses.

Let us hope there truly in not actual blood spilling from your throat,
Go to Top of Page

greendecker94

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  6:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
Would you say it is normal for my throat chakra to become extremely energetic while doing breathing practices/meditation? I am finding even if I do not focus on it at all my throat becomes very tight and electric, to the point where it is painful and I can feel as if blood is "spilling" in my throat.

This is normal, and you are undergoing strong purification there. This chakra represents our truths, and communicating our truths, and as human beings we certainly become blocked there on an ongoing basis. If it is not uncomfortable, observe the action there with wonder and detachment, and take it as a sign to be better with communication in the “real world”. When my throat is active, I find myself tilting my head back slightly, sometimes automatically. I have a minor condition in my cervical spine that in the past has required physical therapy, and have carried those exercises forward into my asana practice, making sure I am not off loading stress to my neck by gently circling my head in many side poses.

Let us hope there truly in not actual blood spilling from your throat,

Thank you for your insight. If you don't mind I sent you a private email message was wondering if you could give me some advice!
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2019 :  02:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greendecker94

Does anyone here go through a sort of confusion, where they just have moments of intense meditation/clarity, whether they are meditating or not, and feel like you have found the way to feel at peace and just need to stick to this way that you are thinking about and you'll be set. then maybe minutes later, you almost completely forget about that mindset you were in and you find yourself having to figure out how to be at peace again, as if that moment of clarity was useless. I feel like my progress may be hindering because I am worried that I have some mental issue that causes these fleeting moments and I am constantly hoping to transcend this issue one day.

Anyone else go through similar things?

Yes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000