Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 bhakti 'diminishing' a little during summer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  11:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
For the last couple of years i have observed that somehow my bhakti becomes 'dim' during summer. My practice includes asanas, SB, YMK (a few reps), DM, Samyama, Cosmic Samyama, rest. During the summer however, i feel like doing SB and DM only. As the monsoon begins i find myself easily coming back to the full routine. It is not a big deal. I am just curious. Does anyone else experience such changes in bhakti and practice due to seasonal changes?

Edited by - Umang on Jul 22 2019 11:55:44 AM

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  10:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me Umang, I make decisions like this as I settle in my sit: how am I feeling in this moment? how much time do I have for this session? As I practice asana sprinkled into my daily living, it’s always SBP and DM, most times samyama, occasional chin pump, YMK. Always five minutes rest in child’s pose, third eye pressed upon my perineum ball (highly grounding, highly recommended!) On days I choose all of the practices, my session can run 40-45 minutes.

Bhakti is not always how many practices you commit, but how much your spirit is attuned with energy and silence at any given moment, which in this reporter can fluctuate by the hour rather than the season.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  04:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like the moon, our bhakti waxes and wanes
Go to Top of Page

pripankaj

India
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  06:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pripankaj's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx for sharing.........
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  01:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u Dogboy for the recommendation about child pose. Highly grounding indeed!
For me too the devotion changes from time to time. However, I like to remain as rigorous about my routine as I can. I always feel better after the session than I feel before. Perhaps that’s the reason I was slightly concerned about it. I guess there is no need for such a concern. I don't see my practice coming to a halt completely in future.
Thank you Jusmailji and welcome PriPankaj
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000