Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 questions on grounding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amelia047

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2019 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is a wonderful forum!

I realized today that grounding activities are something that I've been seriously lacking in my practice. After my evening meditation, I went out barefoot in my side yard and did some weeding in my garden. That's pretty grounding stuff right?

In the colder months when I can't walk around outside, would walking barefoot on a treadmill work for grounding? What is suggested during the winter when you're stuck indoors?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  3:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A long walk is grounding, even if it's not barefoot. So in winter we dress appropriately and still go for a nice long walk.

Social activities are grounding too, as well as practical ones e.g. cleaning your house.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  10:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find water grounding too, showers, baths, indoor swimming pools (in winter), the ocean in the summer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000