Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 AYP progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - May 16 2019 :  3:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I would like to let you know of some of my experiences with AYP and kundalini (I think) lately. Perhaps you can let me know what you think.

• Every now and then (usually some weeks apart) I get really strong energetic feelings, often at night. They use to wake me up and I have an urge to do asanas, often extreme backbends. A strong sexual feeling rises. Sometimes it ends in an orgasm with ejaculation, sometimes in an orgasm without ejaculation, sometimes it just subsides. I have the impression it comes and goes with the moon phase but am not really sure.

• Twice a week, I do 30 minutes of automatic spontaeous asanas (kriyas), often with extreme forward and backbends. The backbends also use to stimulate sexual energy which can lead to an orgasm with ejaculation (or not). Last time, I got some intense shaking during the concluding rest phase that also ended in ejaculation.

• I understand those ejaculations as releases of energies that are set free during deep backbends and can't be processed otherwise. Does that make sense?

• During normal life, I don't have orgasms and practice semen retention. The things described only happen during yoga practices and with breaks of several weeks between.

• Some months ago, I got an ejaculation by focusing on my heart chakra after doing asanas.

• These days, I feel quite horny and feel myself attracted to women a lot. I know this as phases that come and go. It can be very intense. Simultaneously, I'm absolutely strict about not letting anything of that kind of thing happen.

• During deep meditation, I sometimes don't know exactly where to turn my eyes. They are closed but it's like they tend to stare after a while which comes along with some strain. So I turn them elsewhere or try to focus on relaxing them but it kind of distracts me from the mantra.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 17 2019 :  11:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato,

You are at the point where the energy hits upon obstructions and feels sexual, ecstatic.

The energy is you could say flowing over into your local mind, causing the horny feel and the ejaculations.

I am one of those that disagrees with restraining from having sex. I know some schools say's it helps but it the long run.. it doesn't matter at all and just causes a lot of mental confusion in the mean time.

When you feel the sexual feeling try to just reside in the energy and let it flow through. It may grow stronger doing this. If so, try not to grasp at it.. just let it flow through non attaching.

With regard to your eyes during deep meditation... Don't worry about it. What is happening is your mind is caught up, thinking, doing anything but focusing on the mantra. When you are worried about your eyes, you are not meditating. You are lost in thoughts... Don't let the mind play that game.. let it all go, let it be what it is and focus on the mantra.

Very cool on noticing that the energy gets stronger on full moons.. or even in the evening :)

Edited by - jonesboy on May 17 2019 1:18:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - May 17 2019 :  2:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Jonesboy on all points, particularly residing in the energy and flowing through, wonder in it and let the experience pass. We have the ability to direct energy with attention/intention, but then you become the doer; progression comes from not doing anything while there, in the thick of it.

In meditation it feels as if my eyes are wide open behind the lids, taking in the the color-filled blackness, surfing on the mantra and the energy.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - May 18 2019 :  04:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to both of you!

Jonesboy, I'm not really sure what you mean with the local mind.
I try to keep track of the moon phases and the energy, it is a long-term endeavour. :)

Dogboy, you put it really nice with "surfing on the mantra". I also get the impression of waves (sinus-like) in my head that come and go or circles that open and close.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 20 2019 :  08:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Cato

Thanks to both of you!

Jonesboy, I'm not really sure what you mean with the local mind.
I try to keep track of the moon phases and the energy, it is a long-term endeavour. :)

Dogboy, you put it really nice with "surfing on the mantra". I also get the impression of waves (sinus-like) in my head that come and go or circles that open and close.

Local mind would be your ego as well as the sub conscious. The energy is hitting on things, maybe at a level that you are not feeling at the time, spilling over into the mind as sex.. or making you really horny.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 27 2019 :  10:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy it. Even if you grasp at it, it'll still pass.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000