Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How do you find your true calling after awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2019 :  06:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
They say that once you awaken you will see your true calling and how you gonna serve others.It's been 2 years now after my experience but I feel that I do not see my natural calling yet.
Also I doubt it should be called awakening cause my ego returned and I notice the thoughts in my mind again.

I have natural inclination at the moment to help others but how can I? I feel like I have no skills to help others. I lived in the egoistic mind for such a long time and I mastered online poker and digital marketing. Don't see how this would be of service to others. It's quite the opposite - poker is being dominant and taking $$$ from players who are not quite knowledgeable. And digital marketing essential skill is manipulate person into buying your product.

I was thinking about to start helping novices with meditation and concentration practices. Would that be a good service for others?
Thank you

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  04:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!
quote:
I was thinking about to start helping novices with meditation and concentration practices. Would that be a good service for others?

Indeed it would be great! Also other activities of service may include translating spiritual readings that you like, ONGs, helping local people etc.

Best,
Go to Top of Page

AnotherYogi

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  2:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Google effective altruism.

One part of its philosophy is that if you want to do good and you have a career that makes a decent wage but the job does not help anyone, sometimes the most good you can do is to donate a percentage of your earnings to good charity's.

https://www.ted.com/talks/peter_sin...ltruism?lang

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nothingatall
digital marketing essential skill is manipulate person into buying your product.

Hi nothingatall

Here is challenge for you: discover the enlightened side of marketing.
Many have. Take Seth Godin: "Marketing relies on empathy and service" he writes. "Marketing is the generous act of helping someone solve a problem."
And there must be others who agree with him, as his book "This Is Marketing" is considered a must-read by many marketeers.
quote:
Originally posted by nothingatall
It's been 2 years now after my experience but I feel that I do not see my natural calling yet.

One experience on its own is not going to do much. What has been your practice over the last 2 years?
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  12:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nothingatall, sorry this response is weeks later but I haven’t been on forum in a bit...I wonder if you can identify what you enjoy doing? What is something that “re-creates” your energy? That’s a good starting place. Creating a vision board is a great activity as well (cut out pics and words that appeal to you from magazines even if you’re not sure why it appeals to you). Over time as you continue to sit for meditation, you will connect more regularly with your higher self and answers will start to naturally flow more and more. Ask that question to God/Divine/Universe, “where am I meant to be?” Then look for signs and syncronisities that will remind you that you are in the right path. Then you will see that indeed have purpose and are not “nothingatall”! Blessings to you! Chard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000