Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Question about meditation and thoughts/actions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeanMac

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  11:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Lately I have been encountering something strange in meditation. I seem to get into the meditative state quickly, and I quickly start having kriyas, usually the same kind. However, after only five minutes or so, my eyes automatically open and the meditation ends. I would like to be able to meditate for longer like I used to. What do you think of this?

Another thing I'm curious about is, to what extent is kundalini supposed to "take over" your thoughts and actions? I feel like I can't direct my mind around in the same way that I used to, and often my actions feel kind of unwilled by me and automatic. For a while this kind of thing made me feel like I was possessed, not by a negative entity, just possessed.

Thanks,

Sean

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  1:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sean
quote:
Originally posted by SeanMac
However, after only five minutes or so, my eyes automatically open and the meditation ends. I would like to be able to meditate for longer like I used to. What do you think of this?

Your meditation ends when you want it to end. Meditation is a voluntary practice.
If you get distracted mid-way, you simply go back to the meditation procedure and continue till the end of your allotted time.

If your meditation technique is not supporting this approach, you might like to explore a new one. If you click on the "deep meditation" link on the left of this window, you will find the instructions for AYP's mantra meditation.

quote:
I feel like I can't direct my mind around in the same way that I used to

Symptoms like these can happen as you progress. They typically come and go. If they become unpleasant or disruptive to our daily activity, then we need to self-pace our practice to a level that is sustainable. There is a lot of information about self-pacing in the lessons on this website.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

SeanMac

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  08:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat,

I just realized I said "kriyas" when I should have said "mudras".

I guess I could be more specific about my meditation experiences. When my eyes open, it's like it happens as spontaneously as the mudras - it's not really that I thought I "wanted" the meditation to end, just like when the mudras happen it's not that I "wanted" to do them first, it just happens. I'm being honest here.

Tons of what I do throughout the day feels spontaneous and un-thought-of beforehand. It might mean something like getting up and walking around before it seems to be in my mind to do so, or it might mean something like talking to myself spontaneously withing having any idea what I'm about to say. Often, when spontaneously talking to myself, it's insightful because I hadn't really known it or thought of it beforehand, it's like advice is handed to me through my voice from another source. I wasn't sure if these kinds of things were normal kundalini experiences or a sign of something else.

I'll check out the links you mentioned, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2019 :  1:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sean
quote:
I wasn't sure if these kinds of things were normal kundalini experiences or a sign of something else.

They can be signs of energy movements. There are also changes in the way we relate to our thinking mind:
quote:
I feel like I can't direct my mind around in the same way that I used to, and often my actions feel kind of unwilled by me and automatic.

All part of the journey. Keep going with a balanced practice, with an effective form of meditation at its core.

All the best on your path

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  03:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sean,

quote:
Another thing I'm curious about is, to what extent is kundalini supposed to "take over" your thoughts and actions? I feel like I can't direct my mind around in the same way that I used to, and often my actions feel kind of unwilled by me and automatic. For a while this kind of thing made me feel like I was possessed, not by a negative entity, just possessed.

Slowly you and and your perspective is expanding, kundalini is not an outside entity it is You.

quote:
Tons of what I do throughout the day feels spontaneous and un-thought-of beforehand. It might mean something like getting up and walking around before it seems to be in my mind to do so, or it might mean something like talking to myself spontaneously withing having any idea what I'm about to say. Often, when spontaneously talking to myself, it's insightful because I hadn't really known it or thought of it beforehand, it's like advice is handed to me through my voice from another source. I wasn't sure if these kinds of things were normal kundalini experiences or a sign of something else.

Reading through your posts it sounds as you are ready to ask yourself who you really are. Are you really the doer? You are on a crossroad, Life becomes Lighter, do you notice ? Keep practicing in a balanced way like BlueRaincoat pointed out, good things are happening.

Go to Top of Page

SeanMac

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2019 :  10:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BlueRaincoat and Charliedog,

You're right, life does feel a lot lighter, even though my circumstances are not good and you'd think I'd be at least bothered if not depressed. There's very little that I feel a want or a need for anymore. The things I used like to do to pass the time are not interesting to me anymore, and I spend most of my time doing literally nothing, just thinking I guess. You'd think that would drive me crazy and I'd just go "I can't stand this, I have to do something!", but I tend to just feel fine this way. It's confusing to me, I don't know whether to think something's wrong with me because they say it's not "healthy" to just do nothing, or to think everything's fine because I'm not feeling down from not being interested in anything anymore. It's hard to imagine being this way for the rest of my life, but there's no end to it in sight.
Go to Top of Page

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2019 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks BlueRaincoat and Charliedog,

You're right, life does feel a lot lighter, even though my circumstances are not good and you'd think I'd be at least bothered if not depressed. There's very little that I feel a want or a need for anymore. The things I used like to do to pass the time are not interesting to me anymore, and I spend most of my time doing literally nothing, just thinking I guess. You'd think that would drive me crazy and I'd just go "I can't stand this, I have to do something!", but I tend to just feel fine this way. It's confusing to me, I don't know whether to think something's wrong with me because they say it's not "healthy" to just do nothing, or to think everything's fine because I'm not feeling down from not being interested in anything anymore. It's hard to imagine being this way for the rest of my life, but there's no end to it in sight.

I feel i experience a lot of what you do. The automatic movements, the just doing nothing and thinking etc. Just thought I'd mention it.
Go to Top of Page

SeanMac

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2019 :  5:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing gchristine. It feels good to know that I'm not the only one having these experiences.

I've been trying the deep meditation method BlueRaincoat referred to, and the same kinds of things keep happening to me. It's like the kundalini is rejecting my attempts to meditate for a long period of time, my eyes just get forced open before I feel done with it. Could this be a message of some sort that what I'm supposed to do to help myself isn't meditation, but something else instead? If so, what else can I try?

Also, when I get automatic movements while meditating, my hands frequently gesture towards my solar plexus, heart, and third eye chakras, often all three in one sequence. I'm not sure how to interpret this - as far as I can guess, it could mean I need to work on these chakras, or it could mean something like I'm supposed to "live" from these chakras more. The thing is, I can't say I'm very interested in doing anything that would involve these chakras, so it's kind of hard to "live" from them in a way that feels genuine. As far as working on them goes, I've tried meditating on them, but again, when I try I go through automatic movements and then my eyes feel forced open before I'm done with what I'm doing, so it's kind of hard to get it done that way. Also, if it means work on them, I'm surprised I don't gesture towards my throat chakra, which I think is probably blocked or closed. I don't know what to think of all of this, I'd love to hear some opinions.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2019 :  7:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeanMac,

That is good to hear that you are practicing Deep Meditation. It is not a problem if the energy moving through you makes your eyes open automatically. Just continue repeating the mantra and you may find that after a while you can close your eyes again. Or, if you get to the end of the meditation time, just take some rest before getting up. It is all a sign of purification happening. Remember that 20 minutes is the maximum time period for Deep Meditation as it is a powerful practice.

It is also not a problem that you are experiencing automatic yogas and hand gestures. It is simply an indication that prana is moving through the body in various ways. There is no need to act on any automatic movements that are happening. They are a symptom of spiritual purification, not its cause. The cause is the spiritual practices that you are doing.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeanMac

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  05:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your response, Christi. I guess there's no need to read into things too much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000