Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hissing sound on ears after Hatha practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

y154707

Argentina
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  12:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!
A little background: I've been practicing Hatha for the last 2 years almost every week, at least once a week but last time I tried to practice at least twice. Recently I have completed a local instructor course on Hatha Yoga, because I felt it was better and more complete to practice Yoga with some Yoga philosophy and theory than just practice the asanas. at the same time I started to read the Patanjali's Sutras, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, concepts of the Tantra philosophy and Yoga issues in general, so I'm more interested in the whole Yoga universe and not only on the Asanas.

Last month, while lying in Savasana after my practice, I start to hear a hissing sound (quite similar to the static of a TV which antenna was disconnected, but mellow and softer) that fades in, remains constant for about 30 sec / 1 min, and then fades out slowly. This phenomena begins about 30 / 40 seconds after I lie in Savasana.

I'm assuming that it is some kind of cleaning process of the Nadis after the practice, as it is mention in other topics of this forum, but is the fade in - fade out process that the sound follows what sounds strange to me, as I haven't found any reference to that. Also, I think it's worth to mention that before Savasana I practice Sarvangasana, Halasana, Ardha Dhanurasana and Sirsasana, all inverted postures.

Can you give me some ideas of what could this sound be, and why it behaves like this?

Thank you very much

Namaste

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  12:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm assuming that it is some kind of cleaning process of the Nadis after the practice, as it is mention in other topics of this forum, but is the fade in - fade out process that the sound follows what sounds strange to me, as I haven't found any reference to that. Also, I think it's worth to mention that before Savasana I practice Sarvangasana, Halasan

Yes, it is part of the purification process, and inverted poses would certainly encourage purification beyond your meditation practice. I always refer it to the sound of inner silence, and this framing satisfies me enough not to worry how or why it manifests in whatever form it does. Enjoy the show and leave it behind in the theater! Sounds as if your practice is bearing signs of progress. Welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  4:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!

I am glad to read in your post that you have recently and naturally opened up to the others limbs of yoga, this is beautiful. Welcome to the AYP forum.
Yes, as Dogboy said, what you are describing is part of the purification process and you might experience a lot of these weird or at least unusual (but only for a non-yogi:D) stuff of what we call "Kundalini symptoms" along the path. Some of them you will experience only once, some others will stick to your practice for months and become very familiar. They come and go. Don't bother overthinking too much about them, neither should you expect them every time you lie in shavasana. It is difficult to say where it comes from exactly. My guess would also be the nadis. As a general rule in AYP practices, as long as your daily practices and daily activities feel comfortable and steady, you have nothing to worry about. If it becomes uncomfortable somehow, then you can have a look in the lessons at something called "self-pacing" to learn how to deal with discomfort.
If you have only been practising asanas for a while, you have gone through a certain purification already so when you start sitting practices you can have all kind of symptoms like that showing that energy is flowing and working in your subtle nervous system. Just observe what is happenning and balance/adjust if necessary.

I am glad as well to see you are writing from Argentina.
Por favor, Tomate unos mates por mi...pero solamente despues de meditar!*

*Please, drink some mates for me...but only after meditation!

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2019 :  3:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome yourself, Luce!
Go to Top of Page

y154707

Argentina
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  10:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much guys. I was not sure if this could be some physical response to the practice, but as Luce says it's behavior is quite weird for it being physical.

quote:
how or why it manifests in whatever form it does. Enjoy the show and leave it behind in the theater!

Dogboy, what a remarkable advice. I think I felt dazed with this phenomena and forgot that it is just a signpost that the practice is positive. I will remember it every time something unusual happens.

quote:
I am glad as well to see you are writing from Argentina.
Por favor, Tomate unos mates por mi...pero solamente despues de meditar!*

*Please, drink some mates for me...but only after meditation!

Thank you very much Luce, I like mate and drink it almost everyday!. Glad to see that you know it too!

Again, thank you.

Namaste

Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  5:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, Thank you

y154707, you're welcome

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000