Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Initial experience of DM meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hutah

India
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2018 :  11:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello to all divine AYP members,

I have started doing AYP deep meditation practice a week back and felt very good. My humble question is this when I silently intone the mantra it goes like this in the below video but the way Yogani pronounce I just cant do it mentally.I tried but my mind stops only at Ay and Am part doesn't come out. Please guide if I can repeat mantra as being pronounced in the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OatMqVQNKNQ

Many Regards

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2018 :  03:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hutah,

Welcome at AYP forums

We all have our individual pronunciation of Ayam or IAM, it is fine in your way too.

From lesson 13: The goal is to follow the simple procedure of thinking the mantra, losing it, and coming back to it when you find you have lost it. Do not resist if the mantra tends to become less distinct. Thinking the mantra does not have to be with clear pronunciation. I AM can be experienced at many levels in your mind and nervous system. When you come back to it, come back to a level that is comfortable, not straining for either a clear or fuzzy pronunciation (Yogani)

If you have more questions about your AYP practice, do not hesitate to ask here,

Wishing you a smooth journey
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2018 :  05:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Hutah,
The pronunciation is fine. Welcome aboard.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2018 :  08:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP Hutah!

Great to hear you are enjoying your meditation.

Of course there will be slight pronunciation differences between speakers of different languages. The AYAM in the YouTube is undoubtedly the AYP AYAM, pronounced by an Indian speaker.
You are doing fine.

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2018 :  06:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hutah,

Welcome to the AYP Forum.

The mantra will change or refine during a meditation session as well as from a session to another. Do not get caught in the endless variations of the practice. Just easily repeat the mantra, and easily return to the mantra when you realize you are off the mantra.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Hutah

India
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2018 :  11:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much to all the members who replied to my query. I would like to take this discussion further. I have 2 questions and I hope that the divine AYP members will shed some light on them.

1. When Yogani talks about rising inner silence with Deep Meditation practice what he really means is that the witnessing awareness in the background becomes more prominent and it comes to the foreground. I have been meditating with passive awareness technique for years till I am still in the sitting the mind is calm and the noise or mental chatter is calm but as I go about my daily life the mental noise again becomes prominent and creates lots of suffering because I am still very much identified with the thinking mind and when I try to mindful its OK for some time but its very full of efforts and I feel tired and not natural and spontaneous. Does the practice of Deep Meditation over the long period of time decreases this constant mental chatter which is running all the time in the skull? this is my question because I really want to achieve abiding inner peace not for some time and then again same state.

2. As I have read many teachers of meditation they say thoughts just happen you don't think them but when I am working as I am a Software Engineer I use my brain all the time to solve problems what is that force by which we think with will or volition? As in Deep Meditation we intone the mantra and then let is dissolve in the silence, certainly thoughts just don't happen automatically we think them too. When we talk about abiding inner silence how exactly this automatic thinking mind subsides. Please shed some light on this as I am a science student so my mind is always curious about logical explanation.

Many Regards to all the divine AYP members.

OM.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  10:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hutah,

quote:
I try to mindful its OK for some time but its very full of efforts and I feel tired and not natural and spontaneous.

This is something we do not do deliberately at AYP. We practice and after practice we live daily life without 'trying to be mindful'.

quote:
Does the practice of Deep Meditation over the long period of time decreases this constant mental chatter which is running all the time in the skull?

Yes. If we practice daily. This is a proces, it is not an overnight happening. You can see it like this, we are the blue sky (witness, inner silence), the automatic thought stream are the clouds. If we don't have a daily practice, we identify with the clouds (thoughts) as they come and go. This is an automatic process. The longer we practice the more we identify as the blue sky (witness, inner silence). Clouds come and go, but we do not cling to them. This is not something we can 'do', we need to practice to let it happen. We are aware more and more of the present moment.

quote:
As I have read many teachers of meditation they say thoughts just happen you don't think them but when I am working as I am a Software Engineer I use my brain all the time to solve problems what is that force by which we think with will or volition? As in Deep Meditation we intone the mantra and then let is dissolve in the silence, certainly thoughts just don't happen automatically we think them too. When we talk about abiding inner silence how exactly this automatic thinking mind subsides. Please shed some light on this as I am a science student so my mind is always curious about logical explanation.

If I would explain it in simplicity, mind becomes a servant. We use the mind and be focused and one pointed. Very useful in work and study situations. Of-course thoughts and automatic thinking will be there (as clouds), but we do not identify with them anymore. We are the open blue sky and everything arises and dissolves in us.

By reading many teachers we try to grab what they say, it does not work like that, only practice will lead us to the experience. It takes as long as it takes, only looking back we can see the progress.

Enjoy daily practice,

Lesson 85

Edited by - Charliedog on Dec 25 2018 11:18:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  7:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nicely put, Charliedog, I love believing I am one with the sky . Here's another beautiful lesson about inner silence.

https://www.aypsite.org/157.html
Go to Top of Page

JJJ

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  03:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
I m doing DM for some time. I read lessons as well as some old forum topics about mantra I AM. Nevertheless I still have some doubts if I do mantra properly. At first I treated my doubts as normal thoughts during meditation and tried to favor mantra and probably I still should but it disturbes my meditation again and again so I just want to make sure if it is ok. So Mantra I am is of 2 syllabe:I AM or AY AM, but during my meditation it naturally goes as A YAM in 2 versions: AAAAAA YAM or A YYYAAAMMM. Of course "A" pronunciation is /a/. I hope you can imagine this pronunciation - it just like "a" was one part and "yam" was second. when I try to do 2 syllable like AY AM i feel like I am forcing.Is the mantra I am doing ok?

Edited by - JJJ on Jan 06 2019 04:05:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  2:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JJJ
quote:
Originally posted by JJJ
it naturally goes as A YAM in 2 versions: AAAAAA YAM or A YYYAAAMMM.

Yes, either of these is fine. There is no reason why you should strive for "AY AM".

You are doing just fine. How are you feeling outside the yoga sessions?

All the best
Go to Top of Page

JJJ

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  4:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRAincoat :)
Thank you.
I tried to attach recorder files with sound with my pronunciation but I could not do it so I sent these files on e-mail to Tristan just to make sure because because it is bothering me.
I am doing ok. After initial kundalini awakening I want to be very carefull so I go slowly i guess.Consistently I am doing DM almost for 2 months. First 24 days i did 1x10min and then I switched to 2x10min ( + rest 10min). Just last days I was noticing lot of anger and lot of thoughts so I just proceed with acceptance and allowing to be what it is during day ( like witness state). I don't want to shorten session everytime I have some unpleasant emotion or feelings during the day -so it is ok right? I was just thinking about this today, because here in AYP you consider this kind of observing during day as witness meditation and you don't suggest to do this right? but on the other hand the result of DM during the day is inner silence right ( so it is something like witness/mindfullnes meditation but spontaneous?). or what is the difference? and am I doing something wrong outside the practises of DM? Can you put some light on this?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  4:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JJJ
I was just thinking about this today, because here in AYP you consider this kind of observing during day as witness meditation and you don't suggest to do this right? but on the other hand the result of DM during the day is inner silence right ( so it is something like witness/mindfulness meditation but spontaneous?).

Yes, there will be more witness in daily life as a result of meditation. If it is spontaneous, that's fine. What we advise against is doing mindfulness as a practice - that is you make a conscious decision to practice mindfulness at certain times during the day, on top of your sitting sessions. That would be doubling up, and we don't advise it because of the risk to overload.

Given your history, you need to be watching for overload and be ready to self-pace. Also lots of grounding is advisable. If the unpleasant emotions become a problem (you are the best judge of that), then it might be a good idea to go back to just one sitting session per day.

You have done well to build up slowly and stick to your daily routine for the last two months. If you are oversensitive, there is also the option of doing breath focused meditation instead of I AM meditation. We do whatever it takes to safeguard our daily meditation practice. Whether it's mantra or breath meditation, as long as you do it regularly, you are making progress.

Best wishes

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jan 06 2019 4:46:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

JJJ

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  4:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course I will watch myself. I do long walks 1,5-2,5 hours couple days a week and I feel better after them.
Thank you BlueRaincoat
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2019 :  6:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JJJ
Of course I will watch myself. I do long walks 1,5-2,5 hours couple days a week and I feel better after them.

Sounds good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000