Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 7 Days AYP Retreat, Menla, NY, USA, June 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, yoginis and yogis!

Next June Tristan and I will be running a 7 day AYP retreat at the Menla Retreat and Spa of the Tibet House in the Catskill Mountains in New York State.

The Dalai Lama visited and blessed Menla (which is Tibetan for “Medicine Buddha”), expressing the belief that the center would become a thriving resource for health, healing, and spiritual evolution. Surrounded by thousands of acres of Catskills forest preserve, Menla is nestled in a magical mountain valley. We will practice in the Devi room in the Nalanda Conference Center, a sunny space featuring a stunning exhibition of Tibetan art. The practice will include deep meditation, advanced spinal breathing pranayama, samyama, and self-inquiry, cultivating enlightenment in daily living. All practice sessions are optional.

Other things: Retreat participants will have opportunity to hike on some of the many trails in the beautiful pristine forest and up the ancient Panther Mountain surrounding the center. They will also have access to the pool, and they could sign up for a massage at Menla’s spa. It is worth to note that relatively close to Menla there are a number of Zen and Christian monasteries, as well as the KTD Tibetan Monastery, which is the North American seat of the Karmapa. Menla is just 20 minutes away from the most famous small town in America, Woodstock, known for its deep-rooted culture of music, art galleries, and great restaurants.

It will be Tristan’s second time teaching in the United States. Participants in the AYP Menla Retreat 2018 have reported deeply healing and transformative experiences. Tristan and I are looking forward to meeting USA practitioners and others from around the world who would like to attend.

The retreat is scheduled for May 31st to June 6th 2019. At this time, 16 of the 18 reserved places are available. Register early to take advantage of the EARLY BIRD prices, and to make sure you have a place, as space is limited.

Details are on Blanche's website here. Contact me here if you would like to join the retreat.

Edited by - Blanche on Nov 01 2018 08:29:27 AM

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2018 :  12:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As the winter holidays are approaching in many traditions, consider giving yourself and/or a love one the gift of an AYP retreat in 2019.

The AYP Retreat at Menla, in the Catskills, NY, 31 May-6 June still has 11 of 16 places available. Christi (Tristan) plans to come from UK to lead the retreat with me. If you have any questions, please contact me here.

Best wishes for your spiritual practice!

Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2019 :  08:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a reminder to register for the AYP Retreat at Menla by the end of January 2019 to take advantage of the discounted prices. Menla requires a deposit by the end of January to reserve us the space. It is truly a special place. If you can, give yourself the gift of taking part in this not-for-profit retreat.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good karma, forum members! Menla has received the deposit for our retreat in June, and has agreed to extend the offer for discounted accommodations until April 1st. Take advantage of this offer, and immerse yourself in a week of advanced yoga practices with other serious yogis and yoginis like you.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  1:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking for something special to do this summer? Searching for a way to take your yoga practice to the next level? Come to our AYP retreat at Menla, NY! There are still places available and very affordable. Accommodations in a shared dorm cost about $100/day, including bed, meals, and AYP yoga - and more.
https://yogapractices.weebly.com/me...ne-2019.html

Let me know if you want to join other AYP yoginis and yogis, Tristan, and me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000