Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 overload ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  04:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I go to a qi gong lesson every week since 6 weeks. This week, as there is no lesson I do alone 30 min of qi gong yesterday evening. Maybe I do something wrong. One hour after, I had a very big overload.
Well I think it’s an overload and I would like to know if it’s really an overload.

It begins with a small stress in the lower abdomen. Then after all the lower is very painful, all the part below the navel, from the navel to the coccyx. It’s like if I have the abdomen full of air (but I don’t have) and with tensions. After, I’m very too hot, I’m sweating at the head and I have to put cold water (head, back, arms) to refresh myself. My face and hands are very white. I'm walking bare foot to refresh. I’m waiting, seated. Too painful to walk or move. After, the heat decreases slowly. And on contrary, I’m very too cold. I go to bed with all the pain and full of clothes. After 2 or 3 hours I feel better, less pain (I can move), not cold. This morning, all is almost ok (just tired).

My health is very good and I’m full of energy in normal time. No health problems. I had a blood test 3 months ago, all was ok. I don’t feel I have a flue or something like that.

Since I begin meditation (2 years ago), I had this sort of “overload” time to time. But yesterday I was really suffering, and I’ve never had before the very hot and very cold effects.
I just do AYP spinal breathing, meditation, samyama. But during the summer I do too much pratices and tried news.

It is just an overload ? or it is something else, like flue or health problem ? now I’m really afraid to continue yoga and qi gong….

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2018 :  05:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Capucine

It could be the combination of AYP with qi gong. You never quite know what the results will be when you start combining two systems of practice.

Maybe you could describe the qi gong techniques you have been doing? Something is hiking up the energy in your abdomen. Not surprisingly, as qi gong is very much focused on the belly chakra.

In any case, some self-pacing seems necessary. You need to make a decision about what practice to reduce. One way to do it is to go back to the routine on which you were stable before the unpleasant symptoms started to build up. Or, if you are really worried, try just doing meditation only for a while. Then add other practices very gradually, keeping an eye on the effects.

All the best.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Nov 06 2018 03:39:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  03:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello BlueRainCoat,

Thank you for your answer.

You are right. I can asked the question to an acupuncturist who gives qi gong lessons too. For him, it is very obvious that it is due to qi gong. He sees sometimes people who are crying or having belly aches or are vomiting (the most common case) just after some minutes or just after qi gong lessons. Because qi gong makes move the qi. For him, it is a good thing if we can feel it.

I reduce qi gong and stop to practice the exercises that concentrate the qi in the belly. For yoga, now I do only meditation and I will add the other practices gradually.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  03:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by capucine
He sees sometimes people who are crying or having belly aches or are vomiting (the most common case) just after some minutes or just after qi gong lessons. Because qi gong makes move the qi.

As it often happens, this teacher has good intentions, but they are not supported by enough knowledge.

It is the perfect illustration of why a global purification practice is better than overworking just one part of the system. Often problems on one chakra are compounded by blockages higher up. If we don't clear the whole sushumna, unpleasant symptoms can last a long time, till either the blockages clear by chance, or the practitioner gives up.

I don't have the whole picture on this qi gong method and of course you are in much better position than me to assess its benefits, but I would suggest at least asking yourself this question: is it worth continuing with it even in a reduced form? I remember at least one other discussion (in the AYP Plus forum), that seemed to indicate that AYP and qi qong don't make a great combination.

What made you take up qi gong?
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  02:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I was younger, I loved to practice taekwondo for all the sequence of movements. It was nice to move in this way. I stopped after a physical wound at the leg very long to cure.

Now, older, I was seeing qi gong like slow movements very similar with taekwondo, and with so slow movements, no danger to have physical injuries. And before this problem, for me, yoga and qi gong were in the same family, the same goal.

But now, I begin to see I can have another sort of injuries that physical injuries ! it is good to know that AYP and qi qong don't make a great combination.

I wonder why my qi gong teacher doesn’t warn the students of all of this unpleasant effects. I’m going to talk about it to her, to see if she is aware of this problem.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  2:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by capucine

When I was younger, I loved to practice taekwondo for all the sequence of movements. It was nice to move in this way. I stopped after a physical wound at the leg very long to cure.

Now, older, I was seeing qi gong like slow movements very similar with taekwondo, and with so slow movements, no danger to have physical injuries.

Perhaps tai chi will appeal to you. It is also slow movements, but without pulling a lot of energy into the belly chakra, like qi gong does.
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  04:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tai chi chuan is a good idea !
Thank you BlueRainCoat for all your advices
AYP is the only place where I can have such good ones !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000