Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing and Trapped Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2018 :  10:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

For the past month, I had terrible energy trapped in my head due to excessive sitting meditation. It felt like there was a giant pulsating chakra at the the crown of my head.

I could not concentrate at work and felt mentally repressed and depressed. I was incredibly top heavy. Qigong helped to alleviate the pressure but energy would continue to stay trapped at my head. Overall, my mind has been foggy and spaced out. I appear to not exist physically which was terrifying.

Initially, I could move my head up, down or sideways and the energy would move accordingly, but that did nothing to clear my mental fog.

On Tuesday, I did Spinal Breathing by accident in my despair during my work break when I was walking frantically outside.

When I traced my spine up to my Third Eye and down, I felt the first signs of mental relief and mental clarity in weeks. I kept doing SBP and felt the trapped energy in my crown chakra and apparently my Third Eye loosen up.

Today is Day 5 of SBP. The energy is still swirling in my head but much less in volume. The energy is also less sticky. Initially, the trapped energy felt like sticky taffy in my head. SBP has loosened the energy very greatly.

As I did my morning practice today, I felt the sticky energy descend from my head down to my spine and front of chest. Now my back and chest feel sticky but this is the first sign of energy finally descending.

Thank you for SBP!!!

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2018 :  7:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogiCosmos

Good to hear you have found relief from the crown pressure.

It may be useful to enquire more into what has brought that issue about. Excessive meditation is certainly not recommended. Reading a few other of your posts seems to indicate that you have been mixing practices from lots of systems. It is usually safer to keep it simple and stick to one tried and tested system of practice.

Take care
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2018 :  8:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Thank you. And you are correct mixing practices was not a good idea.

I would say excess sitting meditation and focusing of the Guru at crown of head lead to my energy stagnating at the head. The energy could literally move as I moved my head physically. I could feel it at crown if I stand upright for sometime. If I go to bed and wake up the next day, the energy could be felt settled at back of the head.

It is amazing that a simple practice like SBP could clear the head like that. I still have work to do but I feel like I have my life back. SBP is dynamic energy movement while sitting meditation consolidates the energy.

We all need more flowing energy in our lives!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2018 :  9:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogicosmos,

Focussing on the guru at the crown of the head is not a safe practice. Practices that go directly to the crown should only be done by advanced practitioners, who are ready to open the crown without any difficulty.

My recommendation would be the same as BlueRC's, to stop mixing practices. Opening the crown is a very delicate process which takes years and if it is not done correctly, the consequences can be quite serious and long-lasting.

Lesson 69 discusses the consequences of what can happen if you go to the crown too early and also some of the things that you can do to help alleviate your current situation:

Kundalini symptoms, imbalances and remedies

Some light Spinal Breathing Pranayama can help to alleviate symptoms in some cases, but does not always help. Grounding practices are a much more effective way of alleviating the symptoms caused by activating the crown too early. In your situation I would recommend engaging in grounding activities for several hours a day for a month or two. Grounding practices are discussed in the same lesson.

When you have stabilized your situation and are back on an even keel for at least 6-12 months, then you could look at opening the crown if you are inclined to do so. The ways to go about doing this safely are discussed in lesson 199:

Lesson 199 - Managing the Opening of the Crown

The pre-requisites for being able to go to the crown safely are discussed in lesson 198:

Lesson 198 - Targeted Bastrika - A Laser for Karmic Cleansing

Christi
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2018 :  03:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Your forum posts over the years have been an inspiration to me. Thank you for your reply.

Grounding practices, like walking or engaging in social activities, did not work for me. No matter what I did, energy would continue to be stuck in my head. In fact, walking and jogging would make my symptoms worse since it made my energy flow to stronger throughout my body and bounce right back to my head. I think I created a severe blockage in head caused from visualizing my Guru at the crown. I know better now.

For some background, I am proficient in Qigong and learned under the supervision of a master in Malaysia for the past 16 years.

I am very good at Microcosmic Orbit. For those that are not familiar, in Microcosmic Orbit, you circulate energy up the back of your spinal chord (called the Du Meridian) over the crown of the head and down the front of your body (called the Ren Meridian) into your Dan Tian. You circulate this energy in an infinite loop between the Ren and Du Meridian. The Sushumna is completely ignored in classic Qigong. I overcame many so called incurable diseases such as hypertension and ADHD.

Microcosmic Orbit did not help me. I was very perplexed and worried. When I did Spinal Breathing by accident and felt relief for the first time in almost a month, I broke down in tears. I was not going crazy after all.

I believe that during my intense meditation sessions, I caused a severe blockage in my Sushumna meridian which trapped excessive energy in my head. This negatively affected my appetite and I lost weight during the summer.

The trapped energy manifested itself at the crown and sometimes at the back of the head depending on how I physically held my head. The worst was when the trapped energy would spread evenly between the sides of my head. The headache amd pressure would alleviate but this caused me to completely space out and lose focus.

Spinal Breathing would move the energy from the sides of my head and focus in the Sushumna which would then seem to drain. Now that my blockage seems to have went from solid to nebulous, I will focus on grounding activities.

Thank you again Christi.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2018 :  10:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogicosmos,

Good to hear that you are finding some relief from your issues.

Yes, with the premature activation of the crown, and the negative symptoms that accompany it, it can often feel as if nothing will help. This is because the crown is an unstable chakra and if it is activated prematurely it can take a while to become stable again.

So, your experience that grounding practices are not helping you, can be caused by this. They will be helping, it is just that it can take quite a bit longer than usual to be able to feel the effects. So persevere!

Do bear in mind that the Microcosmic orbit is a crown activating practice. Every time the attention moves over the top of the head the crown is activated slightly. So that practice could also have contributed to the problems you have been experiencing. The microcosmic orbit is a practice that I am familiar with and which I used to practice many years ago. I used to teach a modified version of it to my students, but don't any more.

Do also bear in mind that jogging is not a grounding practice. As you have noticed, it activates prana in the body and can make negative energetic symptoms worse. With a de-stabilized crown, it is really a case of working out which grounding practices will work for you. Washing the dishes is grounding and usually does not stimulate the crown. Cleaning the house is also grounding and usually not a crown stimulator.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2018 :  07:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi.

I am amazed at how much volume of prana my head can hold. I am currently doing Spinal Breathing but only the exhalation down the spine. I can feel tons of sticky magnetic energy ooze down my neck and chest.

But there always seems to be more.

Seriously. How much liters prana can a head hold?!!

Haha.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2018 :  10:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogiCosmos,

quote:
Seriously. How much liters prana can a head hold?!!

The whole body can hold huge amounts of prana. And we become better able to chanel it as we progress on the path.

It sounds as if your condition is becoming better every day.

Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2018 :  11:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am definitely getting better. I still feel tingles that move throughout my head and crown area.

However, just a matter of time!
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2018 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, I noticed yesterday that sleeping on the left side would trigger energy movement in my head. The right side seemed clear.

Yesterday, I practiced SBP focusing on the left side of the spine. I was surprised to find tons of gooey prana release down the left side of my face and body. Perhaps my IDA nadi got blocked?

Anyway, after that cleansing, I felt much less energy trapped in the head.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2018 :  5:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't micromanage SBP in this respect, just stay within the shushumna and let the body purify naturally via your ayp practice.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2018 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.

Much less head energy now to the point where I think I’m cured but then I feel prickling sensations at crown and forehead.

When I active Spinal Breathing, toons of gooey prana still oozes down my neck and chest. Still work to be done.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  06:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
90% of energy is out of my head now. I introduced Spinal Bhastrika yesterday to target the Third Eye area and it really seemed to reduce a lot of the sticky resistance.

This morning, I woke up with a massive sore throat. Can’t help but think this is related to the massive release of energy down my body. Also broke out into tons of patchy rashes throughout my body.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  07:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
YogiCosmos

Powerful practices like Bhastrika should be introduced when a practitioner is stable in his/her yoga routine. They are not quick fixes for energy imbalances, and especially for imbalances at the crown.
Spinal breathing pranayama can be useful sometimes in balancing the energy, but tinkering with more advanced energy practices can destabilize you big time.

You have been advised to self-pace and ground. Of course it's up to you whether you follow the advice or not, but remember you are proceeding at your own risk.

Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  07:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogiCosmos,

I second BlueRaincoat. It would not surprise me if the sore throat and rash is due to Spinal Bhastrika. It's too much. Take care, keep it simple.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  08:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will do. I feel very irritated and depressed this morning.

The energy in my head is feeling much lighter and nebulous rather than heavy and solid which tormented me the past month.

I will refrain from practice today.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2018 :  01:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The crown vacuum is sooo related to the throat, IMHO. The microcosmic orbit is so nice. I've felt it. It's like flying on soft clouds. Not a practice of mine, but it's kinda awesome. When breathing is just flowing around, and you notice.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  08:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I’m nearly recovered. Thank you all for your input and advice.

For the past year, I experienced the sensation of mind numbing and thought this was spiritual progress. I thought I was sh*tting off my senses to experience Turiya, but I was wrong. That numbing sensation was prana consolidating at my head in the crown and third eye region. This past week of Spinal Breathing cleared much of the blockage. For the first time in a year, I’m starting to feel bliss in my spine again radiate out. This reminded me of years ago when I first started SBP and the joy I felt.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000