Yoga and Relationships
 Abstaining
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Inlove47

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2018 :  11:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My boyfriend feels imbalanced and he wants to realign by not having sex with me anymore. As if 5-10 minutes of sex has more of an affect than 10-12 hours of gaming. I'm not sure how to feel besides annoyed that he'll try everything else besides regulating that. He has a bad heart and I made a yoga routine for us to do. Simple and for the heart and hes says he wants to do it while never leaving his eyes off of the screen. Then when hes not on a screen he says meditation doesn't do anything for him. I think I'm starting to get sick of him, because he's looking for help but anything I say he says he already knows the way to. So i always say if you know the way then why are you searching for the way. I've tried telling him about holding his seed and diet/digestion imbalances and he doesn't give any of it the time of day but hes real quick to cut our sex. I'm frustrated he wants a relationship of faith in each other but he doesn't show it and I'm starting to think I made a mistake trying. He gives me this false hope then never follows through. I just need help and I'm not even sure what questions to ask. Maybe i want some new knowledge or sources I can read up on. Maybe this is all selfish if 10-12 hours of games makes me feel unwanted then what does no sex do. I'm starting to feel alone. Sex isn't everything for me I just love the closeness, the way our souls melt and since hes a full time zombie now that's the only time he puts intention into us so our souls do dance.

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 11 2018 06:05:26 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  06:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2018 :  02:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Inlove. Feel sorry for you. Maybe he needs to visit de-addiction. So do give a thought about that. Wish you all the best
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2018 :  02:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it is always best to focus on oneself than trying to understand and change others. My advice is the best way (and only way) to change him is to change yourself. Start /Stick to your meditation practices and the Inner Stillness and radiance you will achieve will spill over onto him. Of course, that is not an overnight solution but a longer term one. Whether you stick with him or not, overtime, you simply cannot lose by sticking to a meditation practice.

Best of luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2018 :  4:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dearly love Sey, but I have to disagree. I've actually followed the advice she is recommending. It didn't work over here. My advice is to not put up with what you are not okay with in a relationship(I mean seriously not okay with). I have no idea why you have to change yourself because he's playing video games all day and making you a celibate. Meditate, but not to change yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2018 :  9:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Inlove,

It is the case that when we practice yoga, we change. As we change, things that we may have put up with before, won't interest us anymore and we can let them go in stillness.

It is a bit like sailing a boat. We steer a course in one direction, going against the wind, but then after some time, we need to tack and change direction. Then after some time, we need to change direction again. Every time we change direction we will lose a few people, but others will join us on the new path.

It does sound as if your situation is not salvageable, so it could be best to let it go and move on.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2018 :  04:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I dearly love Sey, but I have to disagree. I've actually followed the advice she is recommending. It didn't work over here. My advice is to not put up with what you are not okay with in a relationship(I mean seriously not okay with). I have no idea why you have to change yourself because he's playing video games all day and making you a celibate. Meditate, but not to change yourself.

ll love you too Lalow. I was aiming for a few weeks of meditation and she will quickly realize for herself what is best.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000