Enlightenment Milestones
 Emptiness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2018 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I just wanted to share some musings. I've been feeling the emptiness in all things, but it baffles me because its so clear and simple. I notice that as I look around the room or stare at a tree, its really nothing. My mind tends to do this all the time already long before I realized what is happening. The tendency is to stare at a tree, and I inquiry into what it is, which always leads to "I don't know," but beyond that it feels like nothing. Then I look within myself and see nothing, and what it means to truly be selfless. Yet my mind tries to put a bubble between me and the object and as I inquire into that I also see that that too is also the same thing-this space is all the same. I"m aware a lot of people get stuck here, but I also feel how this nothingness is actually everything which can be grounding. The funny thing is that this is all happening in the little me, though I've had non abiding glimpses of all matter being god and have come to realize further that I don't exist in the most direct way because what I imagined could never do the truth justice because its reality is based off of excluding the very thing seeking it.

This feels quite intimidating sometimes and I am wanting to ask all of you if its normal to be stuck in this kind of limbo?

Edited by - nic on Oct 08 2018 5:00:49 PM

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2018 :  10:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nic,

If you keep practicing, this kind of situation will disolve in time.

The idea of there being two separate thing: A "truth" and a "you" seeking it, are just two ideas in the mind. And like all ideas, they are temporary and so will not last forever. They will disolve into what is beyond them. The ideas that "everything is nothing" is also an idea in the mind and will alos disolve to give way to what is beyond it.

Deep meditation, samyama and self-inquiry practices are three of the most useful practices for moving beyond this stage. Neti Neti practice is one of the most useful forms of self-inquiry practice. Whenever a thought arises, such as "I am nothing" or "I don't exist", we can simply say: "Not this", "not this".

Whatever arises in the mind, isn't it.

See this lesson on moving beyond the witness into unity:

https://www.aypsite.org/333.html

and this one:

https://www.aypsite.org/350.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nic

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2018 :  3:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi, that was exactly what I needed!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000