Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Hair loss (man)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevline

Reunion Island
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  4:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit kevline's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I'm kevin from reunion island. 33 years old, vata dosha, photographer, and love wildlife ^^
I didn't find section to introduce us. Anyway I do yoga 3 years now with a teacher, it's an awesome thing come into my life even if at the start I wasn't 'convince'. Effects are here, less stress, more calm, flexibility too (for this I'm struggle with adept posture, I feel knee pain when my heel tries to touch the perineum), I can do pigeon pose for exp. but I can not approach my foot near the basin in a sitting position. If you know a stretch for hip to help this I'm open ^^

I come back to hair, so I've a genetic alopecia, my father have it, and in the family of my mother all of his Brothers too.
It's the gulfs. I realize that I have a hard time accepting, since 3 years I put minoxidil it did the effect 1-2 years but it fades I feel. I am amaroli for 8 months now and put in my hair too. even if my myopia, my small size and other was a 'worry' for me, it's the past, but the hair is not an obsession, rather when I look at the photos of the past year I realize that I lose, we see the skull, they are less numerous.
I know that there is no magic recipe especially when it is genetics, but is it possible to go back? I do not ask when I was 15, just a few years and block the process.

I try once to be bald, I was more like a prisonner and mean person lol it really doesn't work on me.

Thank you for your help, Have a nice day all of you.

Namaste

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  07:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kevline, welcome

quote:
Anyway I do yoga 3 years now with a teacher, it's an awesome thing come into my life even if at the start I wasn't 'convince'. Effects are here, less stress, more calm, flexibility too (for this I'm struggle with adept posture, I feel knee pain when my heel tries to touch the perineum), I can do pigeon pose for exp. but I can not approach my foot near the basin in a sitting position. If you know a stretch for hip to help this I'm open ^^

If your knee is painful while trying to reach the perineum, don't do it. Be gentle with your knees. If you do yoga with a teacher, ask him/her for some advices and practice that poses daily instead of once a week for instance.

To become more flexible in hips takes time and practice, never force yourself into a pose. Butterfly (badda konasana) or for instance daily for some time sitting on the floor, with your legs spread (while you read or something) If this is painful in lower back, bend the knees and/or sit on a low cushion. Keep it relaxed, but do it often is the message.

From lesson 75,

For those who are unable to get into crossed legs for any reason, there can still be siddhasana, with the effects created by different means. You can use a prosthetic wherever you sit for pranayama and meditation. Maybe a rubber ball, or a hard little pillow, something that will approximate the pressure of your heel pressing up on your perineum. This is perfectly adequate. You can do it that way. You can avoid having to train your body in the physical bending and so on.

Good luck

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000