Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 dangers of overloading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  6:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I looked in many places and it does not clearly say the actual dangers of overloading. How bad can it get? Can it kill you? Ruin your life? What are the consequences? Anyone have any ideas, comments, links?

Thanks.

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 07 2018 05:31:36 AM

uniath

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  05:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I've never seen overloading as a bad thing. It's just an experience; an opportunity to learn more about ourselves, adjust practices accordingly and gain wisdom in the process. But if we're stubborn and continuously keep pushing our head at the wall, even though we already know the predicted outcome... well then, that's just stupidity.

To answer your questions, I guess reading Gopi Krishna's book Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man would be a good place to start. It's also listed in the AYP Book List.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  05:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  05:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello both

Yes, a little bit of overload is not a problem. When you are trying to find the fastest speed at which you can progress with yoga practice, the overload sensations let you know where your safe limit is. As long as you work with it and respond appropriately, all is well.

In answer to your question about the consequences, LordBuzzKill, if you let overload pile up, it can get to a point where it becomes disabling, and you can no longer function in day-to-day life. People have done, retreating from worldly life and and saying 'no' to all commitments, but if you have a family and want to earn a living, overdoing practices will blow all that out of the water.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Aug 07 2018 05:41:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  07:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear LBK,

Look into the Kundalini Issues Not AYP-related forum and you have stories upon stories of overloading.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  1:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Thank you for the information. Is it always Kundalini and nothing else?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  10:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

I don't know that it can kill you. Overload for me is a long list of things. The worst was the initial awakening, but I'd say I overload many female times( my period).
It's heat. It's initial rapid switching of attention between thoughts. Then, it's not switching between thoughts, so I can have 2 of my internal voices and a song I heard recently singing in the background at the same time. If it's super high energy, things will happen immediately. So, I'm afraid of spiders, if the energy is full of fear and I have a thought of a spider, I'll see one, they will jump on me. If I have thought pop out, "I hope my car doesn't breakdown", my car will break down. It sucks at the beginning. I see it like lucid dreaming.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  02:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Hi all,

Thank you for the information. Is it always Kundalini and nothing else?

Thanks.

You can overload on DM as well or on Bhakti or asanas - typically it is the energetic aspect that is too much. You know you are overloading on DM when your head feels fuzzy,cotton-filled; you cannot focus your thoughts, you want to close your eyes and sink into Stillness.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  01:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Ya it sure can ruin your life! Thanks for the info.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000