AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Career and Money
 Meditation teaching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  02:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there!

Having meditated for some years and turned many aspects of my life around, I tend to get quite a few questions about meditation and requests to share techniques. I generally send a lot of people to the lessons here, however many are looking for personal instruction, and I occasionally sit down on a one-to-one basis to do the basic mantra meditation.

I've been curious about teaching for a while, but am facing up to the fact that there is very little chance of getting the 4 weeks necessary for the AYP teacher training course. Is there any guidance on teaching for 'non-teachers'? Is it encouraged? It seems there would be many issues about practicalities of arranging small groups that could be resolved in a lesson or book, without having to reinvent the wheel, so I'm just wondering if any information is out there or do we go it alone?

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  11:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There was a consideration of splitting the 4 week course into 2 separate years. I don't know if that is still on or if it will be of any help to you.

Lesson 255 would be a good start for you. Essentially, you will have to design the course. This forum would be a good way to bounce ideas.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  2:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Compassion and all,

Yes, there is a plan at some point to offer AYP Teacher Training as two, 2-week courses, spread out over two years. So the training would be the same length of time (4-weeks) overall, but completed in two segments.

That will be announced here when it becomes available and also on my website here.

Right now, there are some resourses available for AYP teachers on the AYP Plus website. I will PM you with a link for those, so you can follow-up on that if you are interested.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2018 :  04:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jusmail and Christi!

That 2-week plan sounds more possible! Then just gotta save up the money. Is there some flexibility involved, so for example, if the first two weeks can be attended, but then the dates don't work the following year, is there an option to do the second part a different year?
Go to Top of Page

Thesse

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  10:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mediation is related to body,mind and soul. Every person have been lost their true identity and Meditation is give to connect self with freedom.In this field, teaching is also career option for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2020 :  8:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, is there consideration of perhaps a few Zoom tutoring sessions, with the new meditators supported in 1-1 or small group coaching and Q and A sessions? Seems to me people need to learn what is said about what meditation is supposed to accomplish, what needs to be understood by the new yogi, that knowledge verified, and then provide opportunities to put it all together into action and into a practice.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2020 :  05:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Christi, is there consideration of perhaps a few Zoom tutoring sessions, with the new meditators supported in 1-1 or small group coaching and Q and A sessions? Seems to me people need to learn what is said about what meditation is supposed to accomplish, what needs to be understood by the new yogi, that knowledge verified, and then provide opportunities to put it all together into action and into a practice.

Hi Kensbikes,

Yes, I will be leading an online event this weekend covering meditation practice. We will be doing practice sessions together using Zoom, and there will be talks on meditation and Q & A sessions. Several sessions will include guided practices. It won't be only for beginners, as there will also be instruction given on subjects such as working with the mantra enhancements. It will take place from Friday 18th to Sunday 20th December. Details are here. There are still places available and the event is open to everyone.

There will be online events taking place during January as well, covering different aspects of practice and being led by various experienced teachers. Details for those are listed here. Different events will be suitable for people living in different time zones.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000