Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Seeking Support :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deer Medicine

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  11:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Community:

This last year has been very intense. (For details, see my post here).

I live in Northern California. I have been attending meditation groups and other spiritual events for the last couple years. I have not heard anyone speaking about kundalini awakenings at any of these venues. I have tried to forge connections and find spiritual community in the real world but I have found it quite difficult. I have mentioned kundalini to a few people and they seemed to downplay the experience and not quite understand what I was talking about.

Do you have any suggestions about where I can go to meet like-minded people? I would like to be a resource for others as well as draw on community for support.

Would any of you like to share what your process has been to find support in the real world? Have you been successful?

I have seen information online for counselors and coaches who deal with kundalini. While these services may help many people, they are not what I am seeking. I am looking to find community members with whom I can connect on a non-transactional basis.

I would greatly appreciate any helpful pointers!

Thank you!

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  8:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kundalini is just a milestone in the journey. One does not actively go seeking for it. Here at AYP, we focus on minimizing its effects by sticking to a routine and self pacing if necessary. Yet, if you still want to discuss that face to face, AYP retreats might be the path you are looking for. Keep monitoring this forum for information about it.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  04:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deer Medicine,

This is not easy. However if we look at a forum like this it looks like many people are in this awakening process, on the streets not many speak about it. Your question could have been mine years ago.
My personal path lead me to become yoga teacher, at first not to become a teacher but because I WANTED TO KNOW it all, who am I, what is it inside me....and even there at the many teachings with all those yogis in progress around I found this so -not easy-. Nobody understand me, like I was the alien in the groups, the only one (my feelings back then).

Why is this?

Maybe not everyone has the need to share? Next to that it is not easy to find words for certain experiences and everyone is in his/her stage of the process.

I had a strong need to share, to understand, but on the other hand sharing was so uncomfortable because the energy was so strong and I was in imbalance and nobody in my environment had the same experiences (I thought).
This made me choose to not talk about it and I started to write journals. I choose to only talk with my first teacher if I was stuck at some moments for advice and even then it was not easy.

Some years later I found AYP. AYP rescued me You are lucky to have found this community. Here you can meet, share in the forums and read all about kundalini in the lessons of Yogani.

Yogani, the forums, the lessons and daily DM have grounded me.
Yogani's way of talking about experiences as scenery is in my perspective of this moment important. Enjoy the beauty, the divinity and move on. This is not what I would loved to hear years ago, it took time to see that he and others are right.

Practice and All will come.

www.aypsite.org/392.html
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  04:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deer Medicine,

We will be running an AYP retreat in the USA in June in the Catskill Mountains in New York State. It is open to anyone who wants to come.

Details are here:

https://yogapractices.weebly.com/me...at-2018.html

At the moment, there are still a few places available on the Catskill Mountains retreat.

We also run retreats in other countries. The full retreats schedule is here.

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...OPIC_ID=9035

On retreats, there are always opportunities to ask questions about kundalini, and people will often speak freely about their experiences.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  06:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I went to some AYP retreats of Christi in the UK and will go this spring again. Great atmosphere.
AYP practitioners are indeed more open in sharing and asking questions. Christi is an expert in unwinding the grasping mind in my opinion.

Thank you Christi

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 13 2018 06:22:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  06:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

quote:
Christi is an expert in unwinding the grasping mind

Go to Top of Page

Deer Medicine

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies. I will try to attend the retreat in the Catskills. That sounds amazing!

Charliedog: I want to UNDERSTAND too. I was content for about a year of solitude while going through this intense process. It just shifted. Now I want to really relate to other people with the perspective of new awareness. Yet it is difficult for me to engage fully at work and in the world because my inner interests seem so divergent from those of many others. I just want to hug everyone and say "Can't we all just get along?!"

I just have to say that this process can be especially tough for those of us with a trauma background. I have detached from dysfunctional relationships. I no longer desire engagement in previous ways of interaction. I have seen how many many interpersonal situations in my life were variations on themes of dysfunctional behavior. I have escaped the hard-wired impulses to be taken advantage of and disrespected. (Yay!) But the flip side is that I do not yet know how to engage fully from a place of wholeness and authenticity. There is a newfound (or newly discovered) vulnerability and yet I do not have people around me to share it with.

Does that make sense?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deer Medicine,

It makes completely sense, that's why I replied. It is all recognized. Hugs to you
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Deer Medicine, I second Charliedog's take on AYP. You have community here.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  10:07:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deer Medicine,

Welcome to the forum! We are here to support. Please feel free to share to your heart's content.

Much Love & Hugs.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  12:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deer Medicine, thank you for your question and welcome! I can identify with your wanting to connect with more like-minded people. I’m not really one to do online forums or chat room type things but I do participate in this forum because it is such a valuable resource in being connected w others like-minded. I really only have one friend who I speak to from time to time who has had a real kundalini awakening back in 1996 and he’s quite evolved and just gets it. I can go 2 yrs without talking w him and then reconnect like no time has passed and just bypass the small talk- it’s a precious gift to be among those who really get it.
Do you have children? My children attend a Waldorf school and that’s been a great way to connect w others like minded. I think I shall also distinguish- I think there are many holistically minded folk on a spiritual path but for me I have found it really rare to find someone whose had a real kundalini awakening.
Yoga studios are great though- I’ve in fact made an acquaintance of two nice ladies recently both of whom have experienced real kundalini awakenings. I also live in a higher vibration geographic location w a lot of yoga and meditation galore. People are out there and I’m yet to meet more and the consciousness is rising anyway...but yes I often feel lonely. I think I’ve just accepted that’s how it is though.
Thanks for being here Deer Medicine and blessings to you!C
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000