AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Hinduism
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  12:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I’ve been so inspired by my reading Baghavad Gita that I’m interested in exploring more about Hinduism. There are no Hindu temples near me. Can anyone recommend any online like YouTube or podcasts on Hinduism- like a good sermon given by someone? Thx! C

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  06:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
www.swamij.com is one that comes to mind. There are tons of websites devoted to Hinduism. Each lineage will take you down a new road.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is beautiful pod cast by swamiji about the devi gita on iTunes there are many episodes but his knowledge and sincerity are most profound a student of sanskrit he know his stuff with questions and answers on each chapter the advantage to a spoken word is that you can listen when you doing mundane tasks
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  12:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! Thank u! I shall check that outC
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  01:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First lets make this clear, There is no such thing as Hinduism. Being a Hindu is a geographical identity. What people of India or Hindustan as we call it follow is Sanatan Dharma which means eternal law. It just cannot be quantified as religion or a set of beliefs. It is as apt as physics in terms of reality. Only problem being that you need truly realized people to actually make things which are writtern clearer.

I was a ignorant doofus, despite being a Indian never cared for our way of life. As I grew into adulthood and exploded into a kundalini awakening my perspective became so sharp, I could see what I discarded as bullsh*t as absolute 100% reality.

Bhagwat geeta only ever make sense if your truly enlightened to a point and have a specific base of understanding. This I learned myself the hard way.

Mahabharat too, it is actually not complex if you have the right perspective at all.

I am amazed, enthralled discovering amazing things with my kundalini as I realize people have been speaking about these amazing things for more than 20,000 years. Not only speaking, utmost research has been done.

layers upon layers of secret hidden deep, very very deep yet right infront of you but you can't ever really see. I took ****ing 22 years to wake up to this treasure. It took so much to just wake up to this.

I've reading up yoga nonstop, to understand the epics in the right way. There are alot of things hidden yet.

Key to Sanatan dharma is establishing self in yoga, only then real knowledge can be available to you. Else you need a person who is established himself to actually tell you what it means. I am willing to bet 99% of foreigners cannot go past the surface and there is very good reason for that. I was brought reading ramayana and mahabharat. But only now I understand, truly understand.

I recommend you to watch sadhguru jaggi vasudev, he has alot of good things to says and he's very sharp about it too. He'll explain things very logically as it appeals to modern man.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  03:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote kentox,

quote:
I am amazed, enthralled discovering amazing things with my kundalini as I realize people have been speaking about these amazing things for more than 20,000 years. Not only speaking, utmost research has been done.

layers upon layers of secret hidden deep, very very deep yet right infront of you but you can't ever really see. I took ****ing 22 years to wake up to this treasure. It took so much to just wake up to this.

I've reading up yoga nonstop, to understand the epics in the right way. There are alot of things hidden yet.

Key to Sanatan dharma is establishing self in yoga, only then real knowledge can be available to you. Else you need a person who is established himself to actually tell you what it means. I am willing to bet 99% of foreigners cannot go past the surface and there is very good reason for that. I was brought reading ramayana and mahabharat. But only now I understand, truly understand.

Amazing isn't it? The same experiences I had with Christianity and the bible.
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  11:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Quote kentox,

quote:

Amazing isn't it? The same experiences I had with Christianity and the bible.

There are yet more hidden mysteries in bible that have to brought to light.

But in sheer size and magnitude and layering, none that can match sanatan dharma due to its ridiculously old history.

Same thing that plagued our way of life is the same thing that plagued Bible, idiots who don't know anything preaching about it. They have done great disservice to humanity and same with us for letting them do as they like.

Truth is one, ways to reach it are endless though methods can only be 112. exactly 112. In India there were schools dedicated to just one method, entire lifetimes can be spent perfecting one simple method.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  02:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey charles and kentox,

I also had similar experiences once some awakening happened everything made sense..iam basically from india and follow santana dharma(a hindu) but this awakening gave me glimpes of bibke even before whenever I was in distress I used to get bible verses in dreams and it has increased a lot when K started meditation and now Ieven got 2 surah..whkch was like a voice relaefing it inside my head just before I am waking up..whereas bible verses and meeting angles (seeing their statue i Have seen michales statue with wings) and i am always in a church or cave where lord vishnu is sleeping and I can hear the mantra om namo narayana being repeated and I felt like iam a male.

one in ident I was standing in que infront of a church and I asked the person in front of me what church is this..and she said its saint Lutherian church and I hve never heard this name becore.Coincidently I asked a lady whom I know and she was shell shocked and that she is infact an litherian and the day I had the dream when I google searched I learned the next day was lutherian day or something.

Sometimes I wonder in previous birth I am sure I was a nun or father who knew nothing else other than bible and church..in the dream when I see the church I see beautiful carving and when Iam nearing church I am pulled to go inside and pray.Thanx for listening..guess spirituality is beyond religions..thats what I realised so now days if anyone asks my religion I say Iam a human first lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000