Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Sugar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  10:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends,

I'm a Pitta / Vatta type, usually with Pitta a bit over the limit.

A friend told me that white sugar is quite bad so I started to sweeten my Chai with honey.

Now I read that honey and hot drinks don't do well together, as the heat changes the honey. The honey would then clog the nadis It also seems honey is not advised for high pitta levels...

What do you use for sweetening, especially hot drinks?

@Mod: I posted in "Yamas & Niyamas" as I restrain from bad sugars for mostly spiritual reasons, but also for health. So somehow the topic also relates to the Healthcare Ayuveda forum, feel free to move it

Edited by - aguacate on Dec 28 2017 10:03:43 AM

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2017 :  08:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
black tea no sugar the tannin in the tea is bitter but sweet, poles of opposites i assume
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  2:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaggeree?spelling I believe is ok for Pittas,i too am a Pitta/vata and new year am hoping to balance my input better
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000