AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Comparative spiritual study & Jnana Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stefos

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2017 :  8:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Soooo after many years of study here what I found regarding the mind and going beyond it:

The mind is nothing but thoughts

When thoughts stop, Silence is.
That Silence is not our conditioning BUT we have been conditioned.
The Silence or Emptiness is also characterized by Clear Awareness or in other words, It views/witnesses without any interruption.

This is what is called Dzogchen & Mahamudra and what Advaita Vedanta & Kashmiri Shaivism all teach.

Comments?

Thanks
Stefos

Edited by - Stefos on Dec 03 2017 12:36:46 AM

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  12:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.

You are right. Eventually, all rivers join the sea.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  07:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Stefos, welcome to the AYP forum

Do you have a meditation practice?

"Study" leads to a conceptual representation of non-duality.
It is practice that leads to the experience of non-duality. Only through experiencing it can we really know it.
Go to Top of Page

Stefos

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  5:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Stefos, welcome to the AYP forum

Do you have a meditation practice?

"Study" leads to a conceptual representation of non-duality.
It is practice that leads to the experience of non-duality. Only through experiencing it can we really know it.

Hi BlueRaincoat,

I understand......You are right study DOES lead to a conceptualization.

I do my Dzogchen and Mahamudra practice along with Atma Vichara.

I have received Gayatri mantra diksha and Mantra diksha as well.

The problem I have is that Satsang/Sangha is really nonexistant here in New Hampshire where I live......It's ridiculous actually.

Stefos

Edited by - Stefos on Dec 03 2017 6:08:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it helps being able to talk to other practitioners. Do you ever meet other people following the same teaching? I'm thinking of retreats. Do you have a teacher you can talk to?

I'm afraid I know next to nothing about Dzogchen and Atma Vichara. Most of us here practice the AYP method.

What I can say based on my experience is that one needs to be ripe for non-duality. You might like to read the AYP lessons on self-enquiry. If you'ready for it, the self-enquiry will bring you closer to non-duality. If you're not ready for it, i.e. if self-enquiry feels more like an intellectual exercise, then you need to continue with meditation and your other practices to develop the Witness (what we call Inner Silence in AYP) further. Yogany explains it very clearly in Lessons 322 - 325.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  06:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
atma vichara, I presume, is the self inquiry method.

Edited by - jusmail on Dec 17 2017 03:03:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000