AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Writing support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  02:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All, so I just wrote 2 children’s books - the first I just began process of publishing and the second one is beginning to be illustrated. Although I’ve also been in process of relocating and settling in, I’ve noticed that I’ve been procrastinating on working on them in general. A reader may see them as just random children’s books who knows, but these are two pieces of art that took incredible courage and vulnerability for me to write and put out there. I feel the divine nudge though to put myself out there more publicly professionally, and naturally I’m shy. Well I’m not really shy as a person but being in front of a large audience takes courage. But at the same time it’s gratifying my work helps it makes a difference for others.
So I’m asking for your words of encouragement as I feel I’m meant to put these books out to the world, even if just for my own journey.
Thank u. Much love all! C

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  12:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing you all the very best in your endeavor. It is harder to produce content than to consume it. Go Chard go! Chard the bard
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  06:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard,

Congratulations for writing the books! You have had a lot going on lately, and it is impressive that you had the time and inspiration to write. How do writing and creativity fit in general in the context of your spiritual practice?

Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  01:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol thanks Justmail!:) yes you’re right about producing content! Thank you for your support!

Hi Blanche! Good question about how it fits into my spiritual practice...
So I wrote these spiritual books in the spring/summer during an intense period of spiritual purification I guess you could call it- it was like spiritual channels were open that weren’t before and I couldn’t write fast enough. I had some profound spiritual experiences while writing that I can’t really put into words but writing just flowed out of me. It’s funny, I’m actually not naturally the creative/artistic type and have had no formal training in book writing but the inspiration came and I went with it.
So, in short, I feel like writing these books was a deeply spiritual process and the most personal work I’ve displayed despite the fact that it may just seem like just childrens books.
I feel like my spiritual practice right now is about allowing my sadhana to expand outward beyond myself in service and sitting with my vulnerability that arises around that.
I announced the books on social media which has helped give me accountability I need to follow through with the publishing. Who knew publishing takes 10-12 wks!!
So thank u for listening - that was a roundabout way of answering your question! Thank u Blanche for your support. It means a lot to utilize this forum to discuss these matters. Real courage and vulnerability are difficult.
Much love, C
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  06:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  01:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All, I’ve appreciated the support from this group re publishing these 2 spiritually-oriented books I’ve mentioned. It’s been a long road and Iong story short I hit a major roadblock this week and have to redo a part of the preface. I felt so frustrated and felt like just throwing in the towel despite the fact that I believe it’s a good book that can inspire others. My nature tends to be determined and persevering so I will continue to see this project through but it sometimes just feels discouraging. I imagine though once I get first one published then I’ll understand how process works and it’ll be easier second time around
I know AYP and discussing book publishing may seem unrelated but these books are really the fruits of my practices on a lot of levels.
Encouragement is greatly appreciated...thanks! C
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  11:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Children's books have to be "real" books more than adult books. Harder to self publish. Gotta have some help.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  01:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All, just wanted to stay connected to this group... I've been quite busy w my new job but its impt for me to stay connected to our community when I can...
So I've just been contemplating lately about my journey this past year including my book writing experience. I feel like my spiritual work in my life is about trying to align with Chard. Chard is not my first name but to me it represents my most authentic self spiritually... and its been here in this community that you all have given me the courage and support for me to bring Chard more and more into my daily life. I've seen a lot of patterns for myself in terms of utilizing the forum to share about personal things before having the courage to bring them out into my everyday life in some capacity when appropriate.

I think about writing and sharing my quotes... i first had the courage to share some of them here on the forum and then I started having the courage to share my quotes that I've written out in the world. There are still many edgy quotes and poetry that I've yet to find an appropriate platform for but I see this as a process for me of becoming more and more authentic within myself and out in the world more courageously. I've also noticed for me a gaining of inner strength regardless of others opinions about me or about my beliefs/truths- which I appreciate.

Then in terms of writing my books... I think about how I started writing my two books which are part of a series a year ago and I began writing them as if no one would ever read my books and as if I were writing them only for me. Otherwise frankly I never would have written the first sentence. The subject matter was so delicate for me that I couldn't breath a word about it for many weeks, not even to my husband... I couldn't. I was terrified of how others would view me or if my work would be judged. And literally, ppl may probably pick up these books like any other no big deal book, but for me it was the fact that they were deeply personal for me.

Sharing about it on the forum really helped me and I equate it to pregnancy and birth. I was never ready to have a baby when I just got pregnant- you hold it a secret for a while and then you grow with the baby and when the baby is born you find you are ready to bring it out to the world. My first book (well 2nd book I wrote) is being published in the next couple weeks and although i've had some mini freak outs around it being out in the world (honestly its just a children's book for the rest of the world), I showed a printed version of the book to a few spiritually friends and they were really touched by it and gave me that boost to just be able to feel like, hey world, this is my work and it's beautiful and it's got a great message for all to hear. On top of it, I have this amazing divinely appointed illustrator who I literally found on Craigs List for $200 which was all I could afford at the time and he did such beautiful lllustrations and he's so excited about the book getting out there that he's worked for free to get the book published. There's been so many miracles along the way and a feeling that I've been birthing myself along with these books in so many ways.

So when I think about this forum I think about my gratitude for our community supporting me in giving service. I'm just trying to stay focused on serving from a place of authenticity and courage. Thank you all so much for your support along the way this past year! Much Love C
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  02:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard,

Just enjoyed reading your reply. It reminded me to myself, I worked for a very long time as a soft sculpture artist. It was not that I made all those lovely creatures to sell. I did it for myself, and yes of-course I had to sell them, but the process of creating was trying to improve myself in every creature. How could I create what is in my mind, that took a lot of time and effort. At the end (decades later)I could create them exactly how I wanted. It stopped there for me, I made the choice to stop before it became production on automatic pilot. I will only work from the heart.

It is beautiful to create from the heart, there will always be people who recognize it, and it is beautiful to see others fall in love with your work.

And yes, we can improve ourselves to be authentic in every moment of life. By daily practice. Living our true self is working and live from the heart, it takes courage and this forum is a great way. Love what you do, do what you love Chard. Have faith!

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  11:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love what u said CD! So true about doing my work from my heart and just being authentic in work and in life regardless of the results. It’s just about putting myself out there authentically for the greater good. Frankly, it’s been helpful for me to listen to a lot of Madonna’s music and other really bold edgy artists who give me permission to expose myself creatively also. Thank you CharlieD, that was really helpful feedback! C
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  1:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm just trying to stay focused on serving from a place of authenticity and courage.

Discipline is the key. Your yoga is working and maturing you as a writer, partner, and mother. Thanks for the update
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  2:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All, I'm so grateful to say that both my books have been published and I'm so grateful for the support I've had from this forum! Because this community has supported my book writing process, I wanted to share also the sadness I feel that my illustrator of my first published book was just diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of the abdomen that has spread to other parts. He's only in his 50s and one of the most generous kindest people I've met. He was so inspired to illustrate and publish my book and never cared about the money and practically did it all for free. I've been so excited to work with him again on other books and sadly my book may be his last work. I'm trying to stay positive but it's just a whirlwind of emotion- the rainbow of emotions of publishing my books on top of sadness regarding my illustrator. To be a part of a beautiful creative process with someone and then hearing this news, it's alot.
Just felt like sharing that here to ask everyone for prayers please and supportive words as well. Thank you
C
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  9:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love, strength, Unity.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  02:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000