AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 The Yoga Vashishta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swordsaint

29 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2017 :  04:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
I want to know if any of you have come across or read the Yoga Vashista.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Vasistha

I have recently started reading it. The full version ie. by Swami Venkatsenanda and I'm totally blown away. It has content in terms of multiverse theories, fate & destiny, yogic science and philosophy.I cant believe that such a book was written in the early first few centuries and had such depth and knowledge. Have any of you come across this text and gotten positive experiences from it?

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2017 :  9:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swordsaint,

I have not read it, but I have a friend who mentions this book all the time. He seems to get lots of insights from it. As you recommend it, too, I will get it now.
Go to Top of Page

swordsaint

29 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  6:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Get the full version by Swami Venkatesananda, its like 750 pages long..but i'm just constantly blown away by the content and the way it approaches a multitude of spiritual topics. You can find it on amazon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000