New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  12:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Holding space is not a strain, but an equanimity, a poise, a balance. It is the bubble in the middle of the carpenter's level.

Practices like Deep Meditation cultivate the optimal condition for holding space across multiple platforms (personally, professionally, socially, and beyond).

Beautiful analogy. As ecstatic conductivity arouses in asana class, I find I can "hold space" by closing my eyelids and "finding" my third eye. This seems to 'lock in' optimal energy flow in the shusumna on its own, and just by residing in that feeling, I can reopen my eyelids (a little or all the way), bring that feeling forth from the interior to the exterior and discover stamina, ease, and full expression within the pose. This is both doing and not doing, this is intention followed by surrender. Being open to the optimal expression of energy has been a revelation.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  10:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As per usual, Dogboy, your writing brings a freshness and uniqueness to these common experiences we are all having. In particular, favoring the third eye to lock into the sushumna is a lever within the subtle anatomy that I would never want to lose at this stage. Quite the contrary, the hunger for stillness prompts me to "drink" in as much spaciousness as I can handle (or more accurately, as much as the Divine will grant me).

Onward!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2018 :  3:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bad Form, Conor, Bad Form
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...nor-Bad-Form

In the archetypal tale Peter Pan, the villain Captain Hook often chides the eternally pubescent Peter Pan with the admonition: "Bad form, Peter, bad form."

Form is such a fascinating concept and reality. Anything that can be perceived has form. Even ideas in the mind have some kind of subtle form, albeit nebulous and often less discernible than a wooden table in the living room.

In the realm of martial arts, form is of paramount importance. How a fighter moves their body can mean the difference between an unscathed victory or a punishing loss. Through quickness and deception, a fighter molds his/her form into a weapon able to penetrate defenses and disarm an opponent. It is a vicious dance of versatility and fierceness.

Recently I went to a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, and I had a blast. My limited training in judo from high school days started to kick back in, and I was enjoying the camaraderie among fellow students.

I've been following UFC the past few years, and last Saturday I watched UFC 223, which was headlined by Khabib Nurmagomedov and Al Iaquinta. But the notorious Conor McGregor nearly stole the show with his antics preceding the fight, when he attacked a bus full of fighters and injured two of them with a projectile he launched into a glass window. McGregor's motive was one of retaliation against Nurmagomedov, who had taunted one of McGregor's teammates, Artem Lobov. But Nurmagomedov emerged untouched from the scuffle, and all that McGregor and his Irish gang managed to accomplish was wreaking some collateral damage that not only injured two fighters, but removed their chance to fight in the event.

Of course, McGregor has been lambasted by MMA professionals and the media for crossing a whole new line of unregulated violence, and he is facing felony charges in New York, so his future stardom hangs in the balance.

I hope The Notorious is able to bounce back into a more respectable and honorable form—one in which his showmanship does not violate the boundaries set by the professionalism of the sport.

One thing I've learned about my mistakes is that they create new opportunities to learn and grow. The question I ask myself is: Can I process my guilt and shame and adapt to a higher form?

Yes, I can.

Thank you for reading. Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000