AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 awakened kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2017 :  08:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

what happens to awakened Kundalini if one stops practicing?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  02:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angeleeyes

It's difficult to make a rule.

Kundalini can go back to a dormant state, but it very much depends on each individual case. There are several factors involved, including how far the awakening process went, the level of bhakti and what sort of life the person lives. I've encountered people on this forum who had prematurely opened their crown. They would like to undo it, but years later they still struggle with uncomfortable kundalini symptoms. Other people have stopped practicing because of bad overload but they have carried the silence into their daily lives and uninterrupted awareness became their practice.

I personally think that, after a kundalini awakening, one will never be quite the same as before. It's not something you can easily forget about. Part of you will have changed. Even if the change has not been fully integrated, a door has been opened somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  02:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat,

thank you for the reply

So the process is reversible. I had read in a book about tantra that once the kundalini awakens it never stops till it reaches its destination.

Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  07:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No one knows the exact process. It could span multiple life times even. Meditation guides us towards the goalpost is the one certainty.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  09:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes
So the process is reversible.
It's not under the mind's control though. I didn't mean to imply that you can turn it on and off as you please.
You can do things to stimulate it, or you can do the opposite, trying to find other outlets for the energy.

I don't envy those who have to stop all practices and try to put kundalini in reverse. As Jusmail says, it's much better to continue meditating and allow the energy and the silence evolve together.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  3:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleyes! I think BlueRaincoat nailed it in the first response. I have not suspended my practices since I began so I can't speak on that but I do know that certain practices like spinal breathing, tantra, kechari for example stimulate the energy. I would imagine it would go dormant to some degree if you stopped practicing but then again I think that once kundalini is really activated it continues to transform us over time whether or not we are consciously aware of it...
Curious, are you contemplating stopping practicing and if so is it because of a kundalini overload?
Blessings Angeleyes! C
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  09:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kundalini Shakti, the spiritual power within each of us, can be in one of the three states: no-rising stare, rising state, and released state. In the no-rising state, Kundalini is contained in Muladhara chakra, at the perineum. It is a common state for most of the people in the present (but this might be changing, as more people are involved with spirituality).

In a rising state, Kundalini comes up from Muladhara, stimulated by strong vayus, it uncoils and recoils again, but it does not achieve a release from Muladhara.

Kundalini is said to be “awaken” when it uncoils and leaves Muladhara chakra, rising through one of the six nadis. Once Kundalini is released, it does not recoil in Muladhara ever again. If someone who experiences Kundalini release stops spiritual practices, the spiritual process is slowed down, and it may become less comfortable, as often Kundalini release is followed by a period of renewing-and-repairing of the physical, emotional, and mental sheaths, accompanied by the release of impurities (especially impurities from unconscious, old vasanas and samskaras). Without the support of spiritual practices and a clean lifestyle, this period or renewing-and-restoring could go on for a long time, and it could become a challenge in itself.

Saying that Kundalini is “awaken” is somewhat misleading, as this suggest that before the release Kundalini was dormant. This is not the case. Even when it is contained in Muladhara, Kundalini is active, manages life functions and maintains consciousness – thus, Kundalini is active in all people, all the time.

I hope this answers your question.
Best wishes for your practice,
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  6:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche,

Weird? I've always seen/ felt it shooting from higher than the root. My third eye is a bit higher as well than between the eyebrows.

Hi angleeyes,

I have to know why you are asking before I answer.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  9:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

I have always felt the third eye in the middle of the forehead rather then the space between the eyebrows. I have learned that Ajna goes from the space between the eyebrows to the middle of the forehead. When Kundalini reaches Makara, the upper part of Ajna in the middle of the forehead, the person becomes undeniably aware of the spiritual realm. Kundalini does not fall down from Makara, but proceeds from here to the higher centers.

All this is interesting, but it does not describe exactly what happens to each individual. There are infinite variations of the process of Kundalini rising, so Blue and Chard are right to say that "it is difficult to make a rule" that fits all the cases.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000