Power of intention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  08:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks again dear Christi,

But how advanced a yogi should be to create such beings? It seems that if you are advanced enough you can control what you have created and not get distracted.Is this true?

I also read in one of Paramahansa Yogananda's books that there are yogis who can create physical things(he gives apple as an example). Is it possible for a yogi to create human form and possibly make it alive?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Dec 27 2018 08:33:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  09:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

A yogi or yogini would need to be quite advanced to be able to create beings in the etheric realms using the power of their mind. But it is not true that just because someone has reached a level where they are able to do that, that they would also necessarily be beyond the stage where they could become distracted on the path. The stage where nothing could distract you from merging with the Divine, is a far higher stage than that. That is why the advice is given as it is in the lessons.

It is possible to create both objects and beings on the etheric planes that others can perceive (see, feel and hear). It is also possible to give these beings life. Having a physical body is not a pre-requisite to being alive, so they can be alive in the etheric realms. However, I have never seen a yogi or yogini create a physical object or being, with the power of their mind alone.

So, my advice would be, in terms of relationships of any kind, stick with human beings. Even they are problematic enough!

If a yogi or yogini is at an advanced level and someone needs assistance in an emergency then it can help to call upon, or create, higher beings that can assist that person, in that situation. But then after they have helped with whatever is needed, it is best to release them into silence. They will continue to do their work and help others.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  05:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

A yogi or yogini would need to be quite advanced to be able to create beings in the etheric realms using the power of their mind. But it is not true that just because someone has reached a level where they are able to do that, that they would also necessarily be beyond the stage where they could become distracted on the path. The stage where nothing could distract you from merging with the Divine, is a far higher stage than that. That is why the advice is given as it is in the lessons.

what you will do after enlightenment, chop wood, carry water?. Isn't it interesting to explore the possibilities before you lose interest in all things. It seems enlightened people are not interested in anything anymore. I am far from that advanced level (to create objects or beings or even relate to them).

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

It is possible to create both objects and beings on the etheric planes that others can perceive (see, feel and hear). It is also possible to give these beings life. Having a physical body is not a pre-requisite to being alive, so they can be alive in the etheric realms. However, I have never seen a yogi or yogini create a physical object or being, with the power of their mind alone.

My knowledge is almost zero on these things.
By "others can perceive (see, feel and hear)" you mean ordinary people? can we perceive etheric beings with our five senses when we are awake? So if that is true, Sadhguru's claim makes absolute sense. Yogis create their mates as they like. sounds pretty Interesting.

Appreciate your wise replies Christi

Edited by - angeleeyes on Dec 28 2018 08:07:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  06:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

quote:
It seems enlightened people are not interested in anything anymore.

quote:
By "others can perceive (see, feel and hear)" you mean ordinary people? can we perceive etheric beings with our five senses when we are awake?

Through the practice of yoga, we develop inner senses. In total we have 11 senses rather than 5. There are subtle senses which correlate to the 5 physical senses: subtle vision (clairvoyance), subtle hearing (clairaudience), subtle feeling (clairsentience) and so on. That makes 10 senses all together. Then the mind is the 11th sense that we have.

Most people do not have their subtle senses activated yet to the degree that they are able to perceive etheric beings. So, when I say that a yogi or yogini can create etheric beings that can be seen, heard and felt by others, I am referring to others who have activated their inner senses. Everyone is capable of doing so, if they practice yoga.

The beings that Sadhguru is referring to in the video, are beings that are not perceivable by ordinary people, until they begin to awaken their inner senses. He is giving a warning not to begin practices that directly bring the practitioner into the heart chakra too early on during the course of the sadhana, because some of the things that may be perceived through the subtle senses, could cause fear to arise if the practitioner is not ready. It is a form of advice on self-pacing being used in a different system of yoga.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  07:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

So, these inner snses are developed normally by yoga practices like meditation, pranayama and other practices or we have to practice samyama(probably using particular sutras)?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  08:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

The inner senses awaken automatically as the subtle nerobiology is purified. So, they awaken naturally through the practices of pranayama and meditation. Practices such as asana, mudras, bandhas, samyama etc. also have a purification effect and will increase the rate of purification and the inner openings.

I understand where you get the idea from that samyama could be necessary, as chapter three of the Yoga sutras of Patanjali sounds a lot as if the practice of samyama, including the use of specific sutras, is necessary for the cultivation of particular psychic abilities. This is not the case. Even without the use of samyama, all of the inner senses will develop and open.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  08:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

You mentioned three of the subtle senses, could you provide the rest please?

I always enjoy your wise and direct answers

thank you very much

Edited by - angeleeyes on Dec 28 2018 08:39:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  08:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

quote:
You mentioned three of the subtle senses, could you provide the rest please?

There are two others: The subtle sense of smell and the subtle sense of taste. Subtle smells are often very beautiful, such as the smells of flowers, incense, or perfume. Subtle tastes are also often very beautiful, such as a sweet taste of nectar, or a powerful ecstatic taste.

Subtle sights, sounds and felt sensations can often also be just as beautiful and ecstatic.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  08:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

what do you mean by mind as 11th sense?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  10:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

One way of classifying the senses of the human body would be like this:

The first 5 senses are:

1. Physical sight
2. Physical hearing
3. Physical touch
4. Physical taste
5. Physical smell

The next 5 are:

6. Subtle sight
7. Subtle hearing
8. Subtle touch
9. Subtle taste
10. Subtle smell

So that makes mind the 11th sense. Being aware of a thought or memory would be an example of a mind sense, as it could happen even if someone had none of the other senses.

Of course in the West, we have the term "6th sense", which really refers to numbers 6 through 10 above.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  11:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  6:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes

In ayp samyama according to yogani whatever we release into stillness(positive or negative intention)the result is positve but it seems there is possibility in other approaches that what we intend is going to manifest.

I like to know your thoughts.

One has to remember that silence for one person can be mental chatter for another.

There is no universal filter that changes negative intent into rainbows and good feelings.

One of the biggest issues I have ran into with others is when they start to feel energy from others. They feel what they think are negative, low energy, some even call others energy vampires.

What is going on is that people are feeling shared issues that they have with others. Those shared issues can cause one to get caught up in the local mind.

People are naturally doing this all day long and when one is caught up they are sending even stronger.

Letting go into silence is a very powerful way of letting go of the issue. It does not change something from negative to positive. If you send negative intent with samayama towards another you are attacking that person. You still have that issue, the silence is based on your relative depth of silence.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  08:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jonesboy,

Thank you for the reply.

I remember doing samyama for a long time on something I wanted to achieve years ago. It worked but not exactly what I wanted. I think by practicing yoga your mind power also increases and you can project your wishes more powerfully. SO, I don't know what I received was of samyama or it was the projection of my mind. It is really confusing sometimes. I have heard from Sadhguru in one of his videos that once you reach chita (pure intelligence) whatever you want is manifested immediately(positive or negative).

Edited by - angeleeyes on Jan 02 2019 09:50:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  09:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I have heard many times that sadhguru says many people die when they get enlightened because they don't know the tricks of the body and don't have mastery over their life energies so they can not sustain the body. He also talks about wearing metal rings when doing sadhana so you can find your body and return to it. Eckhart Tolle did not get enlightened by practicing yoga and mastering life energies. what's your thoughts on this?

Is this kind of mastery(over the body mind and life energies) achievable by the AYP system?

thank you
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  11:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Jonesboy,

Thank you for the reply.

I remember doing samyama for a long time on something I wanted to achieve years ago. It worked but not exactly what I wanted. I think by practicing yoga your mind power also increases and you can project your wishes more powerfully. SO, I don't know what I received was of samyama or it was the projection of my mind. It is really confusing sometimes. I have heard from Sadhguru in one of his videos that once you reach chita (pure intelligence) whatever you want is manifested immediately(positive or negative).

When one has reached Pure Intelligence there is no ego. If one is still talking about positive or negative they haven't reached Pure Intelligence or become realized.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  2:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angeleeyes
quote:
I have heard many times that sadhguru says many people die when they get enlightened

I would take that with a pinch of salt as they say.
Shouldn't believe everything you hear, even if it comes from a guru.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2019 :  9:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Is this kind of mastery(over the body mind and life energies) achievable by the AYP system?

Achievable? If your constitution is ripe, why not? But that focus is not AYP. AYP is more about rising above suffering, and connecting, within your influence, to the divine in us all. It is more about surrendering to what bubbles to the surface, rather than mastering the bubbles.

edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 02 2019 9:03:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  03:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat,

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Shouldn't believe everything you hear, even if it comes from a guru.

I am questioning it. why should he say such things? Do you have a technical answer?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2019 :  05:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
why should he say such things?

I don't know why. There is no evidence to suggest that yogis, buddhists etc. have shorter life spans than other population groups.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  3:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes,

quote:
I remember doing samyama for a long time on something I wanted to achieve years ago. It worked but not exactly what I wanted. I think by practicing yoga your mind power also increases and you can project your wishes more powerfully.

Bear in mind that samyama is not a technique for attaining personal desires. It is for learning to transcend the mind and attain liberation. The process is one of learning to release things into silence, including our personal desires.

quote:

In ayp samyama according to yogani whatever we release into stillness(positive or negative intention)the result is positve but it seems there is possibility in other approaches that what we intend is going to manifest.

I like to know your thoughts.

Using the principles of samyama, it is fine to release negative thoughts and emotions into silence. If a negative thought about someone or a situation arises in the mind, we can notice that and immediately release it into stillness. Doing that will benefit us and everyone else. The natural qualities of inner silence are the qualities of love and compassion. So, in that situation, we are letting go of something negative and allowing space for love to arise instead.

quote:
I have heard many times that sadhguru says many people die when they get enlightened because they don't know the tricks of the body and don't have mastery over their life energies so they can not sustain the body. He also talks about wearing metal rings when doing sadhana so you can find your body and return to it.

My personal experience is that people do not die when they get enlightened. I have practiced yoga for more than 30 years, with thousands of people around the world and nobody has ever died because of the process of awakening. What actually happens is the opposite of that. When people awaken, they begin to truly live for the first time.

So, when you hear that people die when they become enlightened, what you are dealing with there is what we could call an urban myth. There are cases where advanced practitioners have been able to know the time of their death in advance. And there are some very rare cases where very advanced practitioners are able to choose to enter samadhi and leave their body permanently. This can happen if a yogi is old, or sick and no longer wishes to remain in the body that they are in. But, these are extremely rare cases and the yogi, or yogini is in control of what is happening and what they are doing.

quote:
Eckhart Tolle did not get enlightened by practicing yoga and mastering life energies. what's your thoughts on this?

As for Ekharte Tolle, he did practice yoga for many years and still does. He practices a form of yoga called Jnana Yoga. It is not a method that I recommend as a stand-alone practice, as it is not especially effective and can lead people in circles (no progress at all) for many years. But, combined with an effective full-scope yoga practice, and when introduced at the right time, it can be an effective form of yoga. The time to begin using Jnana Yoga practices is when inner silence has become established in the mind. This is when we are ripe.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000