AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Fixing Head/Throat Asymmetry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  02:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For years, I've had asymmetrical energy flow in head and throat during practices like pranayama. It's most noticeable from my tongue. I do kechari stage one (i.e. keep the tip of my tongue planted just behind my front teeth). And I frequently find my tongue jerking to the right during practices, particularly when energy gets moving. This is a particularly noticeable symptom of decreased flow on the left.

I thought I solved it three years ago, and posted about it here. While it helped some, it didn't solve the problem as well as I'd hoped. I won't detail the time and effort I've invested in all this, or the bills I've paid to fix neck vertebra rotated by the upward rush of one-sided energy. It's been a trial.

Here's the solution: Dilate the other nostril....the one on the less energized side, the side your tongue is pointing away from. The moment I do, flow evens up, and my tongue centers. If the tongue creeps to the right again, I dilate nostril again. All good.

I'd suggest starting out with a simple nostril flare (go ahead and just do both nostrils; you'll find the "weak" one has more opening to do than the other one). Then try to dilate further up, at the base of the sinuses. Again, don't sweat left/right. Just make real sure you're not favoring the stronger/easier side (that's the habit that caused this in the first place).

That's it. Five years of titanic effort, only to happen upon this ultra-simple solution.

If you have similar problems and this doesn't work, I'd suggest alternative nostril breathing (note: not an AYP practice) with a relaxed, "natural" breathing pattern before your AYP pranayama. While you do it, try to dilate both nostrils. You might try the "snore strips" you find at pharmacies to open up breathing (just leave one of them on during your whole practice session). Once things improve, you can strip away that part, and simply remember to dilate.

I'm NOT talking about clearing blocked-up sinuses. I'm talking about dilating nostrils to ensure even energy flow while sinuses are free/clear. If you have sinus problems, simply follow the AYP program (consider those snore strips, though).

Hope this helps someone out there sometime.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 06 2017 02:31:35 AM

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  07:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the R&D. AYP always provides simple yet effective solutions.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  06:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The nostrils are a good indicator how balanced your energy flows are.
Here is a good read: http://www.swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-2.htm
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  2:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jean

The nostrils are a good indicator how balanced your energy flows are.
Here is a good read: http://www.swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-2.htm

Thanks for the link! However, Swamiji seems to be saying (and my experience confirms) the converse: that nostrils adjust energy flow.

The tongue (how centered it remains in kechari #1) is an indicator, while opening the non-dominant nostril (again, this has nothing to do with congestion) is a solution.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 08 2017 2:05:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  4:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's both.
When I had a phase where too much energy would go through the right side my left nostril was blocked the whole time.
After using the Two-to-One breathing and alternate nostril breathing it balanced itself out again.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  12:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just leaving this here, as well. http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystem...pingala.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000