AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga and Relationships
 Twin Flames
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2017 :  11:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm hearing about this topic more lately than ever... Anyone have anything to say about Twin Flames? Where do you stand on this very rare and scarcely understood (even in many spiritually-minded communities) phenomenon? I only recently discovered that Sri Aurobindo and the Mother considered themselves "Twin Soul Avatars." They regularly telepathically communicated with each other and joined together for a spiritual purpose. I love his quote: "The supreme state of human love is the unity of one soul in two bodies?"
This goes without saying that certainly everything and everyone is, of course, a mirror/teacher for ourselves to some degree or another. Are certain people just brighter mirrors than others or do you see Twin Flames as a distinction of its own? Curious
about your thoughts? Yogani, I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Chard

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  01:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a legitimate twin brother, not a "twin flame" based on a spiritual label. There is much I could say about our dynamic and history, but I haven't written much about it on the forum, nor in my blogs. The time in not quite right. Some things need to be guarded and given the proper amount of incubation.

In regards to two people bonding and becoming united, I would say that the only authentic recipe is long-term devotion (bhakti). If a person is devoted to another person for long enough, then familiarity, intimacy, union, and so forth, are achieved. But the "twin flame" label could be another superficial castle in the air, like "soul mate". I know a "spiritual" girl who was announcing to everyone that she had found her soul mate, then they broke up in a matter of months.

Sharing the mother's womb with another human being in the flesh, and then growing up for years side by side through all kinds of advantageous and adverse circumstances, is a bit more substantial and meaningful than tinkering around with a mental trick like telepathy. The depth and quality of experience is not really comparable.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  04:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Chard
Certainly a mis-understood topic. A twin-flame from what I understand (and experienced) is someone who comes along to "wake you up", not necessarily a happily ever-after story. Their energy matches yours to such an extend, you get enough of a boost to realize you are more than just a body; energetic connections is strong and instantaneous (so not the same category as someone you have lived and shared everything with). Certainly a traumatic experience!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  3:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel the same way about twin flames as others in this thread. But, I do believe in divine love. It's high vibration and a reflection of love in higher dimensions, which I feel the Earth plane is slowly moving towards. These relationships are very dear to me.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 08 2017 4:07:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  5:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The grass isn't greener. Look at your experience.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  10:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, my heart goes out to you (and your twin) regarding you traumatic experience...
You may appreciate the beautiful work of Jill and Remi (www.twinflamehealers.com) - they really have a grid and compass for the intensely sacred, delicate, painful and life-altering TF journey. You may also click my name and email me if you'd like talk further...

Thank you for all your responses! Lalow33, I'm wondering if any of us on this forum are looking for "greener grass"! Lol! I tell you, I wish I were sometimes! Wouldn't it be nice to reinsert myself back into the matrix rather than looking for purifying fires to jump into! Lol!!
Blessings All!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  8:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reinsert yourself. The one who came to wake you up is the person right infront of you.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  07:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard

My experience echoes the answers already given here.

Over the years, a number of enlightened people opened windows into spirituality for me. They were all faces of the Teacher. If one of them was a twin flame, they all were. And after a while, we begin to see the enlightened side of everyone. We are all twin flames.

I would warn against the soulmate trap, although my warning is likely to be futile. I fell into it myself and I doubt any warning would have spared me the error. Mercifully, I came to see it for what it was at last - a delusion, looking for intimacy in the wrong place. For Yogani is right:
quote:
The only true infinite intimacy to be found is in our enlightenment. It is an internal affair in each of us - the divine union of our inner polarities.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  08:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Chard

My experience echoes the answers already given here.

Over the years, a number of enlightened people opened windows into spirituality for me. They were all faces of the Teacher. If one of them was a twin flame, they all were. And after a while, we begin to see the enlightened side of everyone. We are all twin flames.

I would warn against the soulmate trap, although my warning is likely to be futile. I fell into it myself and I doubt any warning would have spared me the error. Mercifully, I came to see it for what it was at last - a delusion, looking for intimacy in the wrong place. For Yogani is right:
quote:
The only true infinite intimacy to be found is in our enlightenment. It is an internal affair in each of us - the divine union of our inner polarities.

Beautiful,Blue. One of my favorite lesson.

When the longing for twin flame or soul mate or anything outside of us in that case is viewed as tapas or burning away, it serves in taking away what is unreal. This can be used as a tool to progress on the spiritual path.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  09:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote Blue
quote:

I could not find the right words, but yes here they are, thank you Blue.

quote Yogani:
quote:
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  12:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog

Sunyata Yes, Lesson 339 springs to mind:
quote:
it all begins with how we point our emotions. It is about what we favor with our emotional energy. Desire is always seeking more, and it is up to us to provide that more in the form of an inspired vision, our chosen ideal.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2017 :  2:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Sunyata Yes, Lesson 339 springs to mind:
quote:
it all begins with how we point our emotions. It is about what we favor with our emotional energy. Desire is always seeking more, and it is up to us to provide that more in the form of an inspired vision, our chosen ideal.

Perfect! Blue. The path of a Tantrika.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2017 :  02:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard

Sey, my heart goes out to you (and your twin) regarding you traumatic experience...
You may appreciate the beautiful work of Jill and Remi (www.twinflamehealers.com) - they really have a grid and compass for the intensely sacred, delicate, painful and life-altering TF journey. You may also click my name and email me if you'd like talk further...

Dear Chard,

Thank you for your compassionate response, but I am way past that story. That was the beginning of the journey for me. That one recognizes and moves beyond the story does not in anyway diminish the experience of having met one's Twin-flame and S/He is not your typical spiritual Teacher, although I must add the experience is very similar. I very, very rarely meet my Twin-flame but I go into samadhi each time we meet - the world dissolves. He is ordinary person, not into spiritual practices. Last time we met I was able to "dance" with him in complete joy within that space without pain, regrets or desire for more than the few minutes of timelessness - in a room filled with hundreds of people.

Our world is incredibly variied and so many stories to be lived and experiences to be had.
Should one get stuck in the longing for a Twin-flame such that one loses sight of soulmate(s) journeying with you right now? Of course not, I would certainly not recommend that.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000