New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  04:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once again, in usual AYP Forum way, this discussion is like amrita to my eyes.

Easily favour / Results are shown in daily activity;
Booom! Magical and so powerful phrases.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  08:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2018 :  07:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Bodhi,

I don't think Yogani would say that getting lost in thought and not easily favouring the mantra with your attention, is where the magic is found. I suspect he would say that getting lost in thought and not easily favouring the mantra with your attention, is a sure-fire way to make no progress.

Another word for it is "thinking".

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it” [Jesus Christ]

Christi

Christi, I may be a radical, but I have thought since the beginning that we cannot control our mental focus while doing DM, beyond gently favoring the mantra (returning to it) when we become aware that we are not doing the mantra. It sounds like you are advocating actively terminating thought to direct a return to the mantra, effectively forcing the mantra.

Do I misunderstand?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000