Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 'Severe' over-sensitivity update after 3-4 years
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  03:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there, I have not posted on this board for I believe a few years now.

I wanted to post an update in regards to over-sensitivity I had in late 2012 to early 2013 as a result of pushing my practices too hard. I was young, gung-ho and did not pay heed to the warnings of pacing. I engaged in the more advanced practices when I shouldn't have, and was not taking care of my well-being.

This resulted in a severe opening experience that caused a lot of distress. After that, for a very long time I found that if I meditated for more than a few minutes, I would experience negative symptoms for the day, or potentially a few days.

I'm just posting simply to provide one more reference experience, in case anyone else might be going through something like this.

It took roughly 3 years before I can now comfortably sit in meditation for extended periods of time and not feel discomfort. At two years, I could meditate, but not for extended periods of time without symptoms. At this point, I would say my symptoms of over-sensitivity or over-purification have resolved. I feel grounded, balanced, healthy, and happy. I have not tried DM other than a few times throughout the years to check my sensitivity. I have no particular inclination to return to it now over the 'do-nothing' meditations that I practice, due to my temperament.

Note that mine was a particularly severe case... not to let the time span dishearten anyone going through symptoms.

Although difficult, the phase was an integral experience to who I am, it taught me a lot and ultimately refined me into a happy, healthy, and more conscious individual. For this I am eternally grateful to AYP, Yogani, and the many who provided guidance on this board.

Please pace appropriately.

Thank you.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  05:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back. Thanks for the reminder. Less is more as theysay.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  9:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Arman for your testimony. I see from your profile you are young and possibly thought you were invincible. I am impressed you never gave up on meditation however limiting and uncomfortable it was and maybe still is. This is something you had to experience to fully understand, and will not doubt guide you toward a mature spiritual future. I bet you got to know Guru Inyou pretty well by now. Keep up the gentle pace; you are still young and shouldn't be in such a hurry to get there!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000