Yoga and Relationships
 Influence of doing AYP practices nearby people
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  07:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sometimes, I practice in the bed (when I have no choice) before sleeping and my wife which is every time already sleeping thus awakes and says that she cannot sleep when I practice besides her.

The reason is that her dream becomes then unusually vivid to the point where she becomes aware in her dream that I am practicing.
She thus deliberately awakes and tells me that she can't sleep because she feels oppressed like someone is choking her ?!

Is that normal ?
I've told her that she would be benefiting from my aura (being inside its perimeter: blind guess ) and that things were just moving inside her (cleaning process) but that it could not be unsafe as such for her (my practices)

As I am having doubts, what is your opinion ?
Of course I could do that downstairs but if it is safe and even good for her, that will help me in taking a decision.
Because if I do that in the sofa, I often awake in the middle of the night on the same sofa and she thus complains that I do not sleep with her !

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  08:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Apkallu,

Why don't you have a choice to practice somewhere else?

If you practice downstairs perhaps you can sit up straight, use a timer, so you will not fall asleep and after practice do the resting in your bed beside her....

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 04 2016 12:07:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  10:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Hi Apkallu,

Why don't you have a choice to practice somewhere else?

If you practice downstairs perhaps you can sit up straight, use a timer, so you will not fall asleep and after practice do the resting in your bed beside her....

After the practice, I have to rest immediately after.
If I get up and go upstairs, I really feel bad after that... and getting asleep is then often difficult at least...

But the question was more about : is it possible what she says about my practices affecting her dreams ?

Edited by - Apkallu on Feb 04 2016 10:32:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Apkallu,

We are connected to the people around us, through the subtle nervous system. And the subtle nervous system is closely connected to the mind. So yes, your practices can effect her dreams.

I would recommend that you practice downstairs if you are disturbing her sleep. Better still, is not to practice at all immediately before bedtime. It is better, if you can, to practice before dinner and then eat and then engage in normal social activity, or any other activity for that matter, before going to bed.

That way you will both sleep better.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  11:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi,

Unfortunately, sometimes I can only practice before bedtime and I then get asleep quickly and sleep like a dog but only if I immediately lay down
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  9:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Apkallu,

I am sure you and your wife can work out some way by which you can practice without disturbing her sleep. In England we have a saying: "Where there is a will, there is a way".

It could involve a change in lifestyle, so that you can practice earlier in the day?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JaeRustia

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2016 :  12:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit JaeRustia's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You two have a really powerful connection, Im sure you can find a way to not disturb her :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000