Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Can we attain enlightenment in this life?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  1:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi again All:

Increasing the daily time of AYP practice beyond recommended limits is not advisable, as it can lead to overload and delays on our spiritual path while recovering. The best way to increase practice time is in AYP retreat mode, which is a specially structured routine of group practice that can greatly accelerate our progress, without undue risk of overload.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

I agree completely. Please forgive me if I left the wrong impression.
Go to Top of Page

lionw343

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  08:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did find enlightenment when I first went to Nepal. I am sure I could be in any other country, but I just needed to stay there for longer. When you don't talk to your friends and relatives, you understand that you are full of their ideas. When you are alone you become yourself.
Go to Top of Page

siddhi

India
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  07:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice information
Go to Top of Page

colours

Sweden
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2016 :  10:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the effect of practices on our daily life is more important than how long it takes to reach enlightenment.
You can have a nice life without enlightenment I am sure.

"Rahter life times too late than minutes too soon"
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2016 :  11:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm personally not doing AYP or other yogic practices for enlightenment, but for betterment of my life. When I can practice on the plan's practice schedule, I feel a gradual improvement over weeks. When I cannot, my quality of life (degree of bliss infusion? Sorry, engineer here, can't help it!!!) tends to level or even become a little more muddy.

Better life, better work, better home, better recreation. My job (new techniques and technology for the safety and security of automobiles) is about societal and global improvement of personal transportation, considering many influences and variables. I need to think efficiently to improve the world in these ways, essentially countering some of the ills of technology. AYP, Iyengar asana practice, and ™ before these have helped me move on my path.

If I can build enough good karma (not sure this is part of AYP theory but I'm sure you'll all follow) along the way to further my absolute spiritual advancement, so be it. But my aim is to do the work I've chosen to do.

Even after I cease employment, I expect to remain active in this work by consulting, assessing and training. Roughly 10 more years, assisted by exercise, meditation, pranayama, and asana. Perhaps I can work in more of the 8 limbs as I go along. For now, I need to do better at exercise.

So a concrete timeline or target date does not matter to me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000