Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Cool Breeze on Top of Head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thank_g

India
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  06:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing Kriya Yoga practice for last 4 months. I primarily do spinal breathing (kriya breathing) for about 10 minutes and then meditation on natural breath for about 15-20 minutes while internally gazing at the third eye. I have been hearing constant buzzing sound in my ears for last few days. Earlier, I used to have tingling feeling in my legs and arms, but that has stopped happening now a days.

Recently, I have been feeling cool air blowing on top of my head, it feels cold in the crown area and the temple. Wondering what it is? Is this a kundalini symptom, crown opening up or just prana moving? Any similar experiences, insights and guidance will be helpful. Thanks.

Edited by - thank_g on Oct 10 2013 06:27:22 AM

LightOfDay

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  08:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This IS the Kundalini piercing through the top of your head (starts at the Sacrum Bone and goes all the way up your spine to the top of your head). But DO NOT gaze at the third eye! it is dangerous! You are going into the subconcious and the supraconcious, and this is a very dangerous because you make yourself vulnerable to possessions.
You should not be thinking of anything, be in the here and now. If anything put your attention on the top of your head where the cool breeze is coming from.
You should not be hearing buzzing nor have tingling on your legs and arms.
try this - www.sahajayoga.org or www.freemeditation.com
or contact Sahja Yoga in your country and they will give you fee advice
Or any question you can reply to this message and I will be more than happy to answer :)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  08:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thank G,

Welcome to the forums.

I would agree with Lightofday in saying that the cool breeze is a symptom of your crown opening. I would say though that the tingling sensations in your arms and legs are symptoms of kundalini and are nothing to worry about.

When it comes to attention, it is my experience that putting attention at the crown at this stage of an awakening is dangerous and can lead to serious instability.

If you do a search on crown chakra on the main pages of this site you will read a lot of information on the dangers of putting attention at the crown too early.

Here is one:

The dangers of a premature crown opening

Christi
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  1:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank g,

I also have a breeze at the top of my head. It's been happening for a couple of weeks. I assume it is crown activity. I don't notice it during sitting practices; I notice it at night and occasional during quite moments during the day.

At first, it was wonderful! I heard a sound like the ocean as it blew over my forehead. This took me to stillness, I guess a form of samadhi. I had some stillness during the next two days. A few nights later, the breeze blew over me, and I felt really cold and started shivering. The next night, I felt like I might fly out my head. I give it very little attention now. The energy is mainly in my chest the last week, so the breeze doesn't grab my attention like it was.

I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  2:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thank g,

Things always tend to happen as they are supposed to in life. I first noticed K activity starting in the crown and head. Compared to many, my experience has been pretty smooth. Just try to let everything unfold naturally.

Best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  2:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by thank_g

Recently, I have been feeling cool air blowing on top of my head, it feels cold in the crown area and the temple. Wondering what it is? Is this a kundalini symptom, crown opening up or just prana moving? Any similar experiences, insights and guidance will be helpful. Thanks.

I have this often... I would say if it is not bothering you and causing you any discomforts during the day, stay with your practices as is. Don't indulge it (keep your focus on it). If there is more than just cool breeze (or a minty feel) happening, like pressure or headaches or irritation/anger/fear then yes definitely (cut back on practices) self pace and ground.

Wish you all the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

thank_g

India
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lightofday Thanks. I do not think of anything during the meditation, I try to be in here and now and focus on breath while looking into third eye (avoiding the top of head for the reasons mentioned in AYP and also highlighted by Christi). Why do you say that gazing into the third eye is dangerous?

Whenever I come across symptoms which are new, I take one step back by reducing the practice for a day or two before coming back to my original schedule

Christi, lalow, Shanti - Thanks for your responses.. I have now started feeling the cold sensation in other parts of my head – sometimes above ears, sometimes on nose, sometimes behind ears, sometime on the side of eyes; and it lasts from 5 minutes after meditation to about half an hour. I have been avoiding crown altogether. Is there a need or a way to stimulate/balance the lower chakras before stirring the crown?. Am I going in the right direction here?

Jeff – I did not know kundalini activity can be noticed in crown before it is noticed in other chakras, specifically lower parts of the body.

Edited by - thank_g on Oct 30 2013 07:51:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

ravikanth.msit

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  12:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I came across this topic as I am currently going through similar stage where there is a cold feeling at crown chakra and it only has been a month since I started meditating regularly. It is encouraging to find that there are lot of people who are serious about this. I see that most of the replies are way back in 2013 and therefore wondering if anyone attained enlightenment or reached higher states. If yes, how long did it take for you? I know it varies from person to person but just want to know out of curiosity. Thank you and god bless you all.

Ravi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  05:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ravikanth,

The crown chakra actually takes many years to open and purify fully. 10 to 15 years is not uncommon, or even longer in some cases. The process of the purification of the crown chakra is one of the gradual dissolving of identified awareness into pure bliss consciousness. This is why it is often associated with enlightenment, or even sometimes held to be the highest stage on the yogic path.

But there are stages beyond this. The next stage is where the prana comes back down into the heart, radiating out from there as unconditional divine love. At this stage, the dominant practice is service to others (karma yoga) which is described in the Bhagavad Gita as being the highest stage of yoga. "Others" are seen to be nothing other than the Self, so it is a stage of divine love and unity.

If you are new to the practice of meditation, then I would recommend sticking to the basic practice and in time adding Spinal Breathing Pranayama. Spinal Breathing will purify the first 6 chakras (all of the major chakras except for the crown) and will bring the subtle neurobiology into a condition of purity and balance from which the crown can be safely opened. If you follow the AYP lessons through from the beginning, they will guide you as to when it is safe to begin working with the crown chakra. It is in lesson 199, so is quite a way along the path.

In AYP, there is also the option of not working with the crown chakra at all, but simply letting it open naturally when the time is right, whilst continuing with the basic practices of Spinal Breathing, Deep Meditation, Samyama, mudras, bandhas, brahmacharya etc. See lesson 287 on this.

So the basic AYP practices will bring you all the way home.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000